cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vg28uql1a no signal with displayport and needs manual waking

Turb-z79
Level 7
if I start up or restart my pc I do not get to see the bios boot screen and not able to access bios settings. once windows loads I will have to wake up the monitor by pressing the joystick on the back and then it will display a picture. this is also a second monitor which was replaced under rma and still has the same issue. if I shut down the pc and press the joystick on the back to wake monitor then power the pc it will boot as it should showing bios logo and then into windows os as normal. motherboard is a rog xiii hero on latest bios and an msi 3080 ti gaming x. has anyone had this type of issue and know what is causing this to happen and able to help me out I would greatly appreciate it please.
15 REPLIES 15

nono54
Level 7
Hello everyone,

Any news about a firmware upgrade to correct the issue of the display port activation ?

Nico67
Level 7
Same problem here, using one screen that I first noticed really didn't want to wakeup from screen sleep. Sometimes moving the mouse would work, but it took an age, other times I resorted to pushing the joy stick. However its really noticeable if you need to get into bios, especially after cmos clear. Resorted to another monitor for that. Using Display port and tried the Asus supplied cable as well, but no better. 3090 graphics card.

Nico67
Level 7
New firmware V030 out, has standard power option as well as original power saver. Seems to wake up much better so far 🙂

sada0012
Level 7

Ive used this monitor for about a year and everything about this issue is true. Ive tried different cables and I encountered the same problem. I also upgraded to a 4090 and have the same issue. I also tested other 4k and 2k monitors of other brands with the same cables and none of them have the issue.  till this day I have to manually turn on my monitor everytime. If anyone have bought this monitor recently and having the same problem. If you can return it please do it quickly before its too late

Casey48
Level 7

SOLVED!!!!!

Hey guys. I was experiencing the same issues. There is a driver and a firmware update on the ASUS download website. Download Center | Official Support | ASUS Global

Type in the model number for monitor and download and install this driver and firmware update.

Driver.pngFirmware.png

The firmware update has instructions in the file. The driver update is a bit more complicated. Download and extract the driver file then open the device manager on your computer and click your monitor. then go to drivers and update them by selecting the file that you extracted. don't auto look for update.

Hope this helps!

MigueljC
Level 7

Hello,I looking for a new monitors for my setup.

I send back today a 2 samsunfg G7 with the same problem I thing is endemic of this panel, but I like to know If asus fixed the problem of wake up , because my problem was if the pc go to sleep or even just not go to sleep but have the intruccions to send to sleep the monitors and later try to wake the monitor with the mouse or keyboard , almos of the case never go awake and have to reset the PC. I love this size It's great for CAD .

I know than is another brand but I guess It the same panel. My problems was

Connected to 4090 asus rog oc. Through display port, it gives a native resolution of 4K and 120 Hz. If you leave the computer stopped and suspend the monitors, there is no way for them to be reactivated and you have to restart. I have already tried everything, including a 16K display port cable. If I connect it via HDMI, ok, but it only gives native resolution 4k at 60Hz whatever the cable, I have 8k HDMI 2.1 cables and there is no way to change it and if you increase it to 120 it gives random screenshots of 1 or 2 seconds, thing. unbearable while working or doing some simulation. On the other hand, I configure them and every now and then I have to configure them again, the brightness does what it wants even with the automatic brightness disabled, you remove the game mode from the image so that it is more realistic and you put it in graphic and it It changes when it comes from the soul..... I have bought the two monitors to work and I cannot be wasting more than half an hour every day in configurations or restarting the computer because I am going to have a coffee and then it does not restart, I have tried everything, canceled hibernation by code, deactivating the shutdown USB ports when it goes to sleep but with the Display port once it goes to sleep there is no way to activate the monitors again. Finally, I have chosen to try to cancel the suspension and I have only activated it to turn off the monitors after 10 minutes and if you leave it for more than 20, the monitors no longer reactivate, whatever I do, you have to hit reset or turn off the computer and come back to turn it on, and even then it misconfigures some lmonitor option, leaving them unpaired.... it's amazing how someone can sell this as a pointer. The monitors are connected by cable to the internet and have been updated to the latest firmware on their own the first time they are turned on, all the drivers are the latest and the cables are of the highest quality. my pc is a workstation with an i9 13900k, 64 GB at 6000 and the asus rog strix 4090 oc card, all with the drivers updated to the latest, I have looked for solutions or tried other options and in the forums themselves they end up saying that it is a An endemic problem with these monitors since the launch and that they have not completely solved.