cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New monitor Asus TUF Gaming VG249QM1A Gives Qcode d6 when connect to GTX 1070.

Erwin05
Level 10
Hello,

I bought a new monitor TUF Gaming VG249QM1A but when i connect it to my Asus GTX 1070 and start the pc the MB beeps 1 long 3 shorts when the Q-code LED shows d6 and the onboard led stops on the white LED VGA.
Q-code d6=No Console Output Devices are found.

The pc will boot up and the LED shows 9E but the VGA led stays on white.

I tested everyting, DP cable is connected i reseated the video card no hardware problem with the video card.

I looked on the internet and i found that i have to enable CSM in the bios and this worked.

What i want to know is why do i get this problem with this monitor the GTX 1070 must handel this monitor and can this be fixed with a bios update?

This problem is a boot problem, happens on cold boot but why?

Monitor with DisplayPort v 1.2
Asus GTX 1070 with Displayport v 1.4

DisplayPort 1.2 offers a maximum total bandwidth of 21.6 Gbps over its four lanes and a maximum total data rate of 17.28 Gbps. In comparison, DisplayPort 1.4 has the same four-lane structure but expands the maximum total bandwidth to 32.40 Gbps, and the maximum total data rate to 25.92 Gbps.

Will test this problem with CSM disabled and set the monitor to 144Hz.
Because i think the 240Hz is causing this problem.

I flashed the bios to v 4602 and i didnt see the problem anymore.
58 REPLIES 58

Erwin05
Level 10

I stop now testing i come back later.

Nate152

All right,

Just be sure to install the Intel Arc graphics driver, then see if you still get "The VGA card is not supported by UEFI driver" message when booting up.

Erwin05
Level 10

I am still testing.

I have the DP cable that came with the monitor plugged in i got the VGA card is not supported by UEFI driver the led on the MB is green and the qcode is 02.

If i google on Qcode 02 many have this problem.

A bad M2 ssd can cause this?

i will install windows on the 860 evo ssd.

I also had a new problem i couldnt install drivers, when i pressed on install the chipset driver, noting happend and with other apps i got the smart app control message.

I installed windows on a different ssd and i didnt see the problem anymore so the samsung 980 pro has a problem.

I turned the pc off and back on a stil this problem. pffffff

Bios version before 4602 i also had this problem so i go back to bios 4403.

Nate152

What solved the code 02 for some is....

With your pc shut down, unplug the monitor power cable from the wall and reconnect it.  

Boot up and see if code 02 disappears.

Erwin05
Level 10

Qcode 02 is random its not on every boot.

Erwin05
Level 10

With Bios 4403 still the same problem.

I unplugged everhing from the MB cables, memory, video card and 2 new pci-e cables for the video card and now the video card is not supported by the eufi driver problem is gone, but now the pc randomly boots with a black screen. so its a little bit better.

Nate152

That's great news, good to see that message finally gone.

Since you did a windows reinstall, I'm sure you've done these steps below too.

1) Install the chipset driver

2) Install the Intel Arc graphics driver

3) Install the monitor driver

4) Fully update windows and all other drivers

5) Check device manager for any missing drivers

Erwin05
Level 10

I got some bad new, the problem is back.

i am on the latest bios, the vga led stays on white and the monitor on black screen.

Will install the drivers.

Maybe this cant be fixed.

Erwin05
Level 10

I install my old Asus GTX 760 same problem.

That leaves that the MB has a problem with DP port when i connect a HDMI cable i dont see this problem.

Maybe it can be fix with a new bios.