cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New monitor Asus TUF Gaming VG249QM1A Gives Qcode d6 when connect to GTX 1070.

Erwin05
Level 10
Hello,

I bought a new monitor TUF Gaming VG249QM1A but when i connect it to my Asus GTX 1070 and start the pc the MB beeps 1 long 3 shorts when the Q-code LED shows d6 and the onboard led stops on the white LED VGA.
Q-code d6=No Console Output Devices are found.

The pc will boot up and the LED shows 9E but the VGA led stays on white.

I tested everyting, DP cable is connected i reseated the video card no hardware problem with the video card.

I looked on the internet and i found that i have to enable CSM in the bios and this worked.

What i want to know is why do i get this problem with this monitor the GTX 1070 must handel this monitor and can this be fixed with a bios update?

This problem is a boot problem, happens on cold boot but why?

Monitor with DisplayPort v 1.2
Asus GTX 1070 with Displayport v 1.4

DisplayPort 1.2 offers a maximum total bandwidth of 21.6 Gbps over its four lanes and a maximum total data rate of 17.28 Gbps. In comparison, DisplayPort 1.4 has the same four-lane structure but expands the maximum total bandwidth to 32.40 Gbps, and the maximum total data rate to 25.92 Gbps.

Will test this problem with CSM disabled and set the monitor to 144Hz.
Because i think the 240Hz is causing this problem.

I flashed the bios to v 4602 and i didnt see the problem anymore.
58 REPLIES 58

Nate152

It seems the person's problem in that thread was too high of a memory clock, in which clearing the cmos would solve.

Have you installed the Intel graphics driver?

I came across an article about this problem, it gives some suggestions to try.

Does anything in here help?

[Fix] VGA Card Not Supported by UEFI Driver (100% Working) - Hardware Centric

Erwin05
Level 10

The problem with The vga card is not supported by uefi driver is a intel problem.

But the problem with the white led, MB beeps 1 long 3 shorts  is a Asus problem.

It just happend with the Intel video card, i powered down the pc but left the current ON after 45 min i turned the pc on and at boot it stopped at the white LED vga, pc boots in windows white led stays ON see screenshot. this problem started after installing my new monitor.

IMG20230412190445.jpg 

Nate152

For the Intel gpu, you'll want to disable CSM and set Secure Boot to Windows UEFI Mode.

Turning on the monitor first then booting up your pc fixed the white light for some users.

Erwin05
Level 10

CSM is always disabled in the bios.

I started the pc without a DP port cabel and i also got the white LED.

Maybe the DP port cable is the problem, on the internet i was reading using a HDMI kabel can fix this problem.

I think that this DP cable that came with this monitor gets lose its doesnt have hooks like other DP cables have.

I will also test this with a HDMI cable.

Now testing with a other DP cable.

Nate152

The monitor is always ON.

Erwin05
Level 10

I am still testing with a different DP cable.

Yes, the Video card is connected with 2 pcie cables the other cable is for the RGB.

The problem isnt the video card because i have the same problem with the Asus GTX 1070 with the same system.

This problem started when i connected the Asus monitor to my pc.

Nate152

All right,

I deleted my post above.

Fingers crossed trying a different cable fixes it.

Another question:

When you get the "VGA is not supported by UEFI driver" screen, are you able to boot to windows by pressing F2?

Yes, when i pressed F2 i could boot into windows.

I just did a clean install to track down this "VGA is not supported by UEFI driver" problem, i know now when it starts 1st install windows 11+ updates then reboot a few times no problem, then i installed the AMD chipset drivers, reboot a few times and the problem starts.

So this problem starts after the AMD chipset driver is installed.

Nate152