cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New monitor Asus TUF Gaming VG249QM1A Gives Qcode d6 when connect to GTX 1070.

Erwin05
Level 10
Hello,

I bought a new monitor TUF Gaming VG249QM1A but when i connect it to my Asus GTX 1070 and start the pc the MB beeps 1 long 3 shorts when the Q-code LED shows d6 and the onboard led stops on the white LED VGA.
Q-code d6=No Console Output Devices are found.

The pc will boot up and the LED shows 9E but the VGA led stays on white.

I tested everyting, DP cable is connected i reseated the video card no hardware problem with the video card.

I looked on the internet and i found that i have to enable CSM in the bios and this worked.

What i want to know is why do i get this problem with this monitor the GTX 1070 must handel this monitor and can this be fixed with a bios update?

This problem is a boot problem, happens on cold boot but why?

Monitor with DisplayPort v 1.2
Asus GTX 1070 with Displayport v 1.4

DisplayPort 1.2 offers a maximum total bandwidth of 21.6 Gbps over its four lanes and a maximum total data rate of 17.28 Gbps. In comparison, DisplayPort 1.4 has the same four-lane structure but expands the maximum total bandwidth to 32.40 Gbps, and the maximum total data rate to 25.92 Gbps.

Will test this problem with CSM disabled and set the monitor to 144Hz.
Because i think the 240Hz is causing this problem.

I flashed the bios to v 4602 and i didnt see the problem anymore.
58 REPLIES 58

Nate152

I'm not sure why you're getting that message and I wish I had the answer.

Since the issue seems to be with the Inte Arc gpu, contact Intel in Chat Support and see what they have to say.

I'd be interested to know if they provided you with a solution.

Click the link and click on Graphics, you should see the chat option.

Contact Intel for Your Support Solutions

Nate152

I would think Intel would have the solution.

If they can't provide you with a solution, let's wait until you get your monitor back and go from there.

I'm sure you followed the proper steps for installation.

Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics – Desktop Quick Start...

Erwin05
Level 10

U mix 2 problems. The monitor has noting to the with the video card is not supported by the eufi driver.

Nate152

Erwin05
Level 10

Hello Nate,

Intel is saying that the vga card is not supported by the eufi driver is a compatibility issue with the motherboard/BIOS.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/The-vga-card-is-not-supported-by-uefi-driver-probl... 

Erwin05
Level 10

Asus support told me how to fix the problem with the Asus GTX 1070 i had to do i firmware update for this card.

This should fix the black screen with new monitors.

Its on the Nvidia site:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv-uefi-update-x64/ 

Ah yes, that may work for the 1070, definitely give that a try. But, I'm still puzzled with the Intel gpu, I'm surprised Intel support didn't give you a little more information.

I'm not familiar with AMD motherboards but, I came across something that could be helpful. 

It says Intel ARC gpu's are supported with AMD 500 series motherboards with Smart Access Memory enabled.

Might want to check this?

Erwin05
Level 10

This is also called Re-Size BAR this is enabled in my bios we already talked about this.

The problems i have start with the Qleds on the board so before the bios loads. The problems are the DP protocols. 

Asus support sayed that the 2 problems with the Intel card are coming from the DP protocols from the card.

Only intel can fixed these problems.

Email from Asus support:

The beep code is an error code from the motherboard. This error indicates that the graphics output is not detected. This happens you do not have a graphics card connected or the card's interface is not supported.
When connecting a more recent monitor the card seems to try and make use of the UEFI protocols which seem not to be supported. Your older monitor will not have this problems as it is not designed for UEFI protocols.

Email:

Thank you for your email.

The update is not only meant for the Display Port function but also provides more support for UEFI based systems.

As asked what happens when you use HDMI?

If this works then problem is indeed not related to the monitor but it is with both cards and the support for UEFI/ Display Port on newer system. As stated for older Nvidia card this is known and in most cases can be solved using the firmware update. For Intel ARC you should contact Intel as we have no solution for this as we cannot change the way the card works. Our monitor has no influence on this.

You already stated yourself that the Intel ARC card does not (fully) support UEFI which is a requirement on newer systems and protocols. Disabling CSM control in the BIOS might be a work a round, however this can also result in the fact that you would have to reinstall Windows due to certain boot requirements which will be altered.

If you search Google for Intel ARC and Display Port problems you will quite a few posts all over the internet. We can only suggest you try out suggestions from others as we cannot help.

There are no options to change settings within the monitor. A monitor is a plug and play device, if it does not work it is defect or the problem lies with the other device. Seeing as the monitor has bee tested by the vendor I doubt that the monitor is defect. Especially as the problems you encounter are fairly common for the older GTX series and Intel ARC cards.

Intel is closing the thread very fast:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/The-vga-card-is-not-supported-by-uefi-driver-probl...