cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyrus G14 (2022) display problem

IbexCompass
Level 7
Everything is fine until the laptop turns off the display for any reason whether it's reached the inactivity timeout, goes to sleep, or hibernates.

I think the computer itself wakes up, but only the laptop display is the problem.

After the screen turns off, when it tries to turn back on, it almost turns back on. Instead of being the black of being turned off, it is the back-lit black of a display that is on without a signal. Restarting the computer restores it to normal operation.

The computer itself will comes out of sleep or hibernation. The hard drive light flashes. If I hook up an external monitor, I can see the display and interact with the laptop almost normally. I say “almost normally” because the mouse stutters. Restarting the computer fixes both problems.

If I hook up an external monitor, the external monitor always behaves normally. The only issues are the one I mentioned with the mouse. If the computer turns off the displays and turns them back on, wakes up after sleep, or wakes up after hibernation, the mouse stutters, and the laptop display stays at the back-lit black. The external monitor wakes up and behaves normally.

Steps I have attempted so far:

• Updated Windows
  • Updated Armoury Crate
  • Updated everything that Armoury Crate can update.
  • Updated MyASUS
  • Updated everything that MyASUS can update.
  • Troubleshooting steps from https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042630 (everything except for the last one “Reset the system”. I suspect resetting Windows will cause more problems that it will fix.)
  • Windows-Shift-Ctrl-B does not help.

What is the next step to try to fix this?
3 REPLIES 3

IbexCompass
Level 7
The solution at https://www.reddit.com/r/ZephyrusG14/comments/vqcqoy/screen_goes_black_and_doesnt_recover_when/ worked for me. I uninstalled Asus Calibration, and now all the problems my laptop was having went away. It has yet to be determined what problems removing it has caused, but so far everything is working.

Has anybody else had this problem? What did you do to fix it?

IbexCompass wrote:
The solution at https://www.reddit.com/r/ZephyrusG14/comments/vqcqoy/screen_goes_black_and_doesnt_recover_when/ worked for me. I uninstalled Asus Calibration, and now all the problems my laptop was having went away. It has yet to be determined what problems removing it has caused, but so far everything is working.

Has anybody else had this problem? What did you do to fix it?

The solution you posted fixed my issue. Just thought I would chime in. In case there are others with the same problem.

Hi mates,

Just to thank you for the solution - it worked for me. I also had to downgrade from Windows 11 to 10 in order to get the laptop running smooth.

Though I still think this is not normal for a computer at this price range - a reaction from Asus would be welcome.

Thanks again,
cheers.

N