cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who upgraded to Windows 11?

theandies
Level 7
Is it worth it. Are there many changes that are useful or should I just stick with 10 for a while. I like the look just don't know its worth the install at this point.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

olivier_thery
Level 7
I have been using Windows 11 as an insider since its release & I have upgraded 2 other laptops now from version 10.
I have become quite fond of the OS as there are quite a few nice things about Windows 11,
but if you like your menu tiles, your weather widget (although one is in the work on the insider channel), or drag & drop on the taskbar,
you are out of luck for now.
So, I would wait a little longer until the first major update later this year and upgrade then.
If you feel adventurous, you could try to run it as a virtual machine.

Thanks olivier_thery, anyone else with an opinion?

theandies wrote:
Thanks olivier_thery, anyone else with an opinion?

I've loaded win 11 twice now. the first time was a abomination but that was first when it came down the DEV channel.
I just recently tried again and it is not so bad. Games seem to have little to no loss. but overall the experience is ok. being the guy who gets the calls of "my windows is messed up " I wanted to learn the OS before i start messing with fixing things. I did however try to get the OS to look more like windows 10 . there are guides online how to do it . but you will not replicate it perfectly. Aside from minor quirks in certain things i give it a pass.
Is it worth it. Are there many changes that are useful or should I just stick with 10 for a while. I like the look just don't know its worth the install at this point.
Thanks

as for the worth to install I think it really is up to the user . the install being worth it however i think comes down to you'd have the most recent secure release. but for worth i'd say wait a bit and see how it takes overall. aside from the learning curve and a fresh coat of paint, if you want to take the time to learn it go ahead. but i think it comes down to user preference and when your ready to take the dip. there is not much that i'd jump and say DO IT NOW.

Thanks aaassddffgg . I think I'm going to wait a bit longer.