cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the expected CPU temperature of the G15?

Chilly_MIV
Level 7
Hello everybody. Recently I had to send in my Asus Zephyrus G15 to get its screen repaired after there was a hardware issue with the original. I got it back recently and I noticed the temperature is pretty hot, but this may just be me misremembering since I didn't have it for a few weeks. The PC got reset at Asus so malware is unlikely.

When idle, the temperature seems to sit around 55C. When working in programs like Blender, Unity, and sometimes watching YouTube, it jumps up to the 60s. When gaming, it seems to sit around 75-85 regardless of the intensity of the game.

I'm not sure if these numbers are normal or if I should be concerned. I already played around with the settings to disable aggressive processing, but that didn't seem to change the numbers by more than about 3 degrees.

Its very possible these numbers are normal and I'm just being paranoid, but I couldn't find much online. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
2 REPLIES 2

Ragnaraz690
Level 11
Sounds about right for a laptop not on a cooler tbh.

Right now just surfing with 8 tabs open, Armoury Crate open my CPU is running ay 45C and my GPU is running at 41C. When gaming (AAA games like Spiderman Remastered or Control) my CPU gets into the 80's and GPU about the same. I do run a cooling pad under it so that might be helping keep my temps down.