cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD SN850 2TB Not Working - NO BIOS SCREEN - GX701GXR

misbahqr
Level 7
I recently purchased WD SN850 2TB. It is not working on my laptop. I have a very high-end laptop - Asus ROG Zeyphrus S17 - GX701GXR. Bios is also updated to the latest available. I cannot even boot into bios. My laptop boots to the logo animation and then nothing happens. Removing WD and inserting the old drive restores everything to normal.

I am able to use the NVME in an external enclosure and working fine but not in my laptop where I intend to use and purchased for. I have updated the firmware also to the latest through the NVME enclosure. Please help me with this. I read online there are plenty of others too facing the same issue with different motherboards and laptops.

Looking forward to a quick fix for the same. Very highly disappointed.
1 REPLY 1

raju2529
Level 7
first of all I don't have your model laptop.
but for certain laptops , in bios maximum capacity support is fixed for SSD and NVMe disk.
in this case, 2TB disk does not support at present, but lower capacity might be supported.
if you need to use 2tb only means, you need to get seperate special bios firmware from asus research team only
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754