cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature problems with GX701GWR

jhona72
Level 7
Hi everyone thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.
I did the repaste in my GX701GWR, before that I was having up to 100°c on the CPU in high demanding games then offcourse I was having throttling, gpu was also having temps close to 90°.
Over the VRAM modules under the left fan I put 1.0mm thermal pads, I close and turn on the laptop... cpu thermals were nice... then I try a game when I saw GPU was going over 90° OMG but cpu was under 70°.
I reopened the laptop and when I removed the heatsink, I notice that the heatsink was not doing proper contact with the GPU, because very few thermal paste was spread on the sink side.
I think during the cleaning process I bent accidentally a little bit the Heatsink, only like a 10% of the Heatsink gpu contact area was touching, I was so much worried, I tried manually to bent opposite the heatsink, push and tight more the gpu screws, now thermals are better still not the coolest touching upto 84° in full load situations... any advice how to improve my thermals?, I think I'll repaste it again soon but since there is not a clear way to check that the heatsink is aligned properly I am very worry that next time it can be worst... please help me
3 REPLIES 3

jhona72
Level 7
anybody any suggestion?

Hi Jhona72 .
* I haven’t played any demanding games just an old mod from battlefield 2 called project reality, but even playing that would see temps of 93c cpu and 60c on the gpu. To combat this I downloaded Throttlestop to undervolt the cpu and purchased A stand from amazon
* Â*https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adjustable-Portable-Aluminum-Ventilated-Accessories/dp/B083TR45S8/ref=sr_1_...

Highest temps since have been 79c cpu and 55c gpu . Hope you sort your problem out I know I’ve been been lucky with mine and still think it’s an amazing machine.
Good luck . Kevin*

Devonkev wrote:
Hi Jhona72 .
* I haven’t played any demanding games just an old mod from battlefield 2 called project reality, but even playing that would see temps of 93c cpu and 60c on the gpu. To combat this I downloaded Throttlestop to undervolt the cpu and purchased A stand from amazon
* Â*https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adjustable-Portable-Aluminum-Ventilated-Accessories/dp/B083TR45S8/ref=sr_1_...

Highest temps since have been 79c cpu and 55c gpu . Hope you sort your problem out I know I’ve been been lucky with mine and still think it’s an amazing machine.
Good luck . Kevin*

Thank you very much for your advice...
anybody else has any other suggestions?