cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Core Boost doesnt work (Zephyrus S17 GX703, 11800H) - solved

ZaggyzGER
Level 7
I found a weird bug on my Zephyrus S17.
The CPU (i7 11800H) always seem to have the 8-core-boost as the highest possible clock speed and never uses the 1- or 2-Core-Boost speed.

For example: default is:
4,6GHz 1-Core-Turbo
4,2GHz 8-Core-Turbo

In every benchmark (Even cinebench Single Core test) the CPU ALWAYS have the (lower) 8-Core-Boost and NEVER reaches the 4,6Ghz in anything.
After many hours of testing HWInfo shows "highest clock speed" is 4,2Ghz on all 8 cores, not one core had the 4,6Ghz.

I even tried lowering clocks in XTU (1 core Turbo was 3,5GHz, all other cores 3,0 GHz). No matter what I did, all cores were rock solid @3,0GHz, not one core boosted to the 3,5GHz...

So, this seems to be a bug. With overclocking activated in the BIOS (version 311) HWInfo shows max clock is 5GHz, but I never got above the 4,6GHz.

With my last Notebooks it always worked (i7 3615QM, i7 6700HQ and i7 8750H), i Just checked it today: With every single core stress test the boost is active but not with the Zephyrus. Anybody can help?
THX
4 REPLIES 4

ZaggyzGER
Level 7
I solved it.
The problem was XTU.
Now everything is working as it should.
Crazy to see 5GHz on a notebook.. love this machine 😄

ZaggyzGER wrote:
I solved it.
The problem was XTU.
Now everything is working as it should.
Crazy to see 5GHz on a notebook.. love this machine 😄

Hi, I have the same issue, my GX703 has a i9 11900h and all cores are stuck at 4.8 even though I have enabled overclock to 5.4 on single core in Throttlestop

Yes, u also need to activate your new clock speed in XTU. Start it, go to "advanced" and configure your 1-, 2-, 4-core etc. boost speed.

ZaggyzGER wrote:
Yes, u also need to activate your new clock speed in XTU. Start it, go to "advanced" and configure your 1-, 2-, 4-core etc. boost speed.

I need to do it in XTU, not possible in ThrottleStop?
When I allow in ThrottleStop to go above 4.9 the computer imediatly crashes

I can try XTU instead but probably gonna hit the "locked" limit of 130W
I´ll try tonight