cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen bend on GM501GS

fxxxxx
Level 7
Hi guys,

I've had my GM501GS for about 6 weeks now and it has had noticeable screen bend since it's arrival. I've contacted ASUS support who say they can only offer an out of warranty RMA which I presume costs money. While unnoticeable when in use the screen curves away from the base of the laptop when closed, seemingly because it's not seated properly in the lower left corner, and leaves a cm or 2 gap open when the machine should be closed. In the attached picture you can see sunlight shining through the space between the keyboard and the closed screen.

I have two questions regarding this, firstly has anyone else encountered this issue and if so what did you do? Secondly, should I be concerned? If I don't use the laptop for a few days when I open the screen a lot of dust has been pulled in over the keyboard and screen, presumably through these unintended gaps, I'm a bit worried that it might affect the life of keys, leave marks on the screen etc.

1 REPLY 1

madhacker3kxl
Level 9
fxxxxx wrote:
Hi guys,

I've had my GM501GS for about 6 weeks now and it has had noticeable screen bend since it's arrival. I've contacted ASUS support who say they can only offer an out of warranty RMA which I presume costs money. While unnoticeable when in use the screen curves away from the base of the laptop when closed, seemingly because it's not seated properly in the lower left corner, and leaves a cm or 2 gap open when the machine should be closed. In the attached picture you can see sunlight shining through the space between the keyboard and the closed screen.

I have two questions regarding this, firstly has anyone else encountered this issue and if so what did you do? Secondly, should I be concerned? If I don't use the laptop for a few days when I open the screen a lot of dust has been pulled in over the keyboard and screen, presumably through these unintended gaps, I'm a bit worried that it might affect the life of keys, leave marks on the screen etc.

I only have mine for about a month and have no noticeable bend, as shown on your picture. Could you upload a picture of the entire side.

The dust shouldn't effect the keys as much. I had laptops with worse keyboard design survived just fine. Just use compressed air to clean around the edges of the keys.