cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Zephyrus G14 (2022) GA402 keyboard lighting blinks twice every 5 seconds during sleep mode

dalewb
Level 7

(This is the all-white version with AMD CPU & GPU)

This isn't affecting my computer in any perceptibly negative way, but the laptop keyboard lighting blinks twice every 5 seconds during sleep mode.  AFAIK it does not do so if I close the lid to put the laptop to sleep - only when it goes to sleep on its own with the lid open.

Is this something I should be concerned with?  I've had it for about 3 months.

Also, the large power supply from ASUS does not provide power if it's not been used for a day or so unless I first un/replug it.  These are minor issues, but I wanted to know if they were known issues that have established solutions, or if I should raise the matter with ASUS?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Jo3l
Level 7

I had the same issue just now. I wasn't able to restart. Without a force reboot. (held in the power button for 5secs).

It was probably just asleep.  In that case, you can simply press the power button normally (not long-press) and it should reawaken.  If it is connected to a bunch of things (dock, monitors, USB peripherals), sometimes disconnecting everything so the laptop is isolated is helpful.  All Windows machines have occasional lock-ups, however.  If it happens occasionally (e.g. every other couple months), it's nothing to worry about.