cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Asus GM501 charger software

ADSADSAD
Level 7
Recently I received a message saying that the USB charger service does not exist or the version is not supported. It was running fine weeks ago until now. Any help please !!! It's annoying not being able to quick charge your devices. My laptop is 501 GM...
5 REPLIES 5

icp_wolverine
Level 7
mine did same thing I think its a weird way of letting us know of an update for the usb charger, instead of going thru asus live update

Clintlgm
Level 14
Probably Windows update knocked it out. Download the latest from Asus Support downloads and ensure you have it turned on in your BIOS/UEFI
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

heya everyone,
did you get it to work after reinstalling it?

Clintlgm wrote:
Probably Windows update knocked it out. Download the latest from Asus Support downloads and ensure you have it turned on in your BIOS/UEFI

Hey man, am getting the same error.
Am redirected to https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/G703GI/HelpDesk_Download/
But which driver fixes this?
I don't see a USB related driver fix?

RoGu3 wrote:
Hey man, am getting the same error.
Am redirected to https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/G703GI/HelpDesk_Download/
But which driver fixes this?
I don't see a USB related driver fix?

The error is Asus GM501 charger software, there are no USB Drivers that is all Native in windows 10, what has happen is the last upgrade Windows 1903 has made your Charger software obsolete, you can try to reinstall from your eSupport folder if Asus does not have an updated version in your download on Asus Support Downloads
You can also try to install the software in compatibility mode. Usually all the is required is a reinstall of the software.
This is true for a lot of programs that dow't seem to work after an MS Windows upgrade or ever updates at times will knock out some software programs all the is needed is a reinstall of that p]aticular software program.

Another point while I'm on this subject the very top Sticky tells everyone to back up and save your eSuport folder. This folder is spicific for your notebook and contain software that is not available anywhere else and of course drivers that were working when your notebook was new.

Be sure to log in and enter your Notebook entire model including the last 4 Lettersand number as mine is G752VY DH72 to insure you get drivers spicific to your notebook sometimes thoes last 4 numbers make computer completly different the the general model Numbers.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro