cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Zephyrus S GX502GV freezes during boot

Thw0rted
Level 7
I got a new GX502GV a bit more than a month ago, shortly before everybody went into lockdown. Since then, almost every time when I turn it on after a shutdown, it gets to the ROG logo screen, I see the Windows startup "spinner" for a few seconds, then it stops. The fans keep running, but it will stay this way indefinitely until I turn it off by holding the power button. After that, I can turn it back on and it will boot as normal.

Once I get to the desktop, it's probably OK and I can use it for light tasks like web browsing, play games, etc. Sometimes, it gets to the desktop, loads most of my startup programs, then hangs. Again, if I turn it off, then back on again, it's usually fine.

I think there may be other power-management / driver issues. Sometimes when I put it to sleep, I come back to find it's at 5-7% battery, like it woke up while closed and ran itself down to critical level before going back to sleep. And once or twice, while playing a game, I've experienced a black screen followed by crash to desktop, after which the screen was stuck at full brightness -- the controls would move the brightness setting up and down, but the actual screen intensity remained at maximum.

----

I'm running the latest BIOS version (308), GeForce Experience shows the latest NVidia drivers, Windows Update says I'm up to date, same with the update sections of MyAsus and Armory Crate.
0 REPLIES 0