cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New G501 (for those who were waiting for the GX500)

X-ROG
Level 15
235 REPLIES 235

ELZZZORRO
Level 7
Well, at least Asus does not mention absolutely anything about the high and incredible audio capability ( marketing purposes ) for this specific model as they did (and still do) with the Asus G751JY. The thread regarding the G751JY sound issues (almost 50,000 views and over 600 replies) has been totally disregarded by Asus. This shows the lack of sense of urgency from Asus in this matter, therefore, as far as I am concern I am not recommending or purchasing any product from Asus in the near future. And I am going to make this clear, I absolutely happy and satisfied with my G751JY and I don't even use the internal sound card as I have an external hiDef sound card with pro monitors, but the point here is the principal: Fix the sound issues. And Asus keep supporting Microsoft Windows 8.1, by the way.

Metalogic
Level 7
I hope they offer the 1080p screen model (which I would prefer - lighter, draws less power, avoids Windows scaling issues, and has a matte screen) with 16Gb RAM and a 512Gb SSD, why do some manufacturers assume that just because you don't want a 4K touch screen you want to nerf the memory and storage too?

kelsett
Level 7
*drooling*

generalwyt
Level 7
I sincerely don't hope it is a 965m, since it is anywhere from 35% to 40% slower than the 970m according to notebookcheck.
And their direct competitor Razer blade got an upgrade to the 970m. So it should be also possible for the Asus to handle this.

Vicerox
Level 7
The G56, G551, GX500 and now this (G501) are not TRUE successors of the G55VW.

Still waiting for the 15 inch IPS display version of the G751, one which supports the 256GB SSD + HD + 970M/980M + the awesome ROG touch pad and copper cooling thermal system.

esfomeado
Level 7
Nvidia already anounced the GTX 980/970M so it's gonna be something like a 965M or even a 960M.
Price i would say 2200 for the FHD version and 2500 for the 4k version or even more.

esfomeado wrote:
Nvidia already anounced the GTX 980/970M so it's gonna be something like a 965M or even a 960M.

Who knows, maybe there's a GTX 975M coming... 😎

I assume this will be available in the UK, right? Unlike the Razer Blade (grrr...)

Totalslaughter
Level 7
I'm in the market for a thin / light but powerful 15". Not for me though, not a fan of red all over / red backlit keyboard. Make keyboard backlight color changing and ditch the constant red accents and I'd probably be in.

Totalslaughter wrote:
I'm in the market for a thin / light but powerful 15". Not for me though, not a fan of red all over / red backlit keyboard. Make keyboard backlight color changing and ditch the constant red accents and I'd probably be in.

Go for the MSI GS60 2QE.
I have bought and I'm satisfied.
Asus is overpriced in this days. The only downside of the laptop is the screen that isn't a IPS.