cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Keystrokes on Zephyrus G15 GA503RM

heusto
Level 7
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been posted but I could not find any previous reference to it.

I have a new Zephyrus G15, and all in all its working fine. However it does have one infuriating issue, it keeps missing keystrokes.

It is as if the keyboard goes to sleep when you stop typing and then misses the first 1-3 key presses. The period of time it needs to be idle is really short (hard to time accurately but only about 5 seconds). This makes typing fluently impossible, and it also affects gaming.

It is running Windows 11 and is fully up to date. I also installed a new BIOS patch last week.

I have it setup as it was supplied, with the Armoury Crate defaults. I have only installed programs (games, Office) since getting it, and the issue pre-dates those installs.

The LEDs are also off after sleeping, and I have to Func-F3 to get them back on. This doesnt really bother me but I thought I would mention it as its a keyboard issue as well.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers!
3 REPLIES 3

MFernandes
Level 7

Hello, @heusto! Did you find some solution? I'm having the same problem you had with missed keystrokes. Coincidentally, it's the same Asus ROG Zephyrus model. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I am having the same issue with the Zephyrus G15 as well.  This thing misses every key stroke after changing from monitor to monitor of a multiple monitor setup and also sometimes even when I have not changed from one to the other.  

MFernandes
Level 7

Hi @Nywi! In the meantime I managed to find a solution to the problem. Apparently my keyboard was "sleepy". In order to save energy, a totally stupid setting by the manufacturer was turning off the keyboard every few seconds and even when I switched windows. All I had to do was change the power management settings of all devices associated with a USB hub and I never had any problem again. Here's a link with instructions on how to do this: https://community.microcenter.com/kb/articles/343-how-to-prevent-windows-10-from-turning-off-usb-por... asleep