cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help:Battery draining while laptop is off - GX531

neweshy
Level 7
I have a very strange problem, My laptop (Zephyrus s GX531) battery is draining after I shut it down. the weirdest thing it's not always draining sometimes it stays for days or a week without any drain (if I charged it to 100% I find it still 100% without any drain) and sometimes the drain is happening ,and the drain is not constant sometimes it drains only 10% to 15% (from 100% to 90 or 85%) and sometimes I find the whole battery drained to 0% if I left the laptop off for a couple of days . I disabled fast boot option without any success. I updated the bios to version: 304 (GX531GWR). the windows build is 18362.

the laptop specs: 16 GB of ram , Core i7 9750H , 512 SSD and Graphics card : RTX 2070 max-q

did anyone face a problem like this at any time or with any other model? what could be the problem it is a hardware or software?
6 REPLIES 6

Ypeka
Level 7
I have the same problem and nobody answer :s gonna send my laptop RMA I guess

Did you try to recover your laptop?

Ypeka wrote:
I have the same problem and nobody answer :s gonna send my laptop RMA I guess

Did you try to recover your laptop?

No, I didn't try to recover my laptop yet, I will let it as a final choice.

what I tried without any success :

1- I disabled fast boot from windows & from bios
2-Disabled hibernate & deleted hiberfile.sys

I tried all of that but nothing happened.

I also tried to check wake armed dives by checking these by the CMD : powercfg -devicequery wake_armed , I think it made the draining a little bit better but I am not sure is it true or just a coincidence.

try to disable the wake_armed devices and try to remove myAsus app ... & tell me if there is any difference.

arnobpl
Level 7
I have the same problem. Did anyone find any solution? Or, will Asus provide a BIOS update to fix the issue?

arnobpl wrote:
I have the same problem. Did anyone find any solution? Or, will Asus provide a BIOS update to fix the issue?

Not yet, But guys I have the filling that MyAsus application is the cause - Because I uninstalled it & it's been two weeks now without any draining.

I will test it for a longer period and I will back to you guys

Did any of you find a solution? .... I reset the windows to factory default but nothing changed , I made some observations & I found that the draining always about 1% per hour for example if I lest it for 10 hours it lose 10% .. etc , I found also when I uninstalled MyAsus App the drain became much better instead of drain twice or once per week it's now only draining once a month I am not sure if it just a coincident or what ? , please if any one figured out what is the problem tell me & in your opinion is it a hardware or a software problem ?

Blake1
Level 10
Hello neweshy,
It is common and normal that battery drain a bit even you shut down the device.
As long as the battery is connected, electricity will still run through the line and slightly consume battery.
The consumption depends on the environment and usually is very low that the battery indicator would not detect.
If the draining is more often and drain more, please kindly send your device to service center.
we would need to examine more to see what is the root cause.
Thank you.