cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI output on new laptop isn't working - ROG Zephyrus S17 GX701LXS-XS78 17.3"

srv656s
Level 7
I've tried 2 different HDMI wires and 2 different external displays. Confirmed both displays work fine with other computers.

I've updated the drivers on the Laptop, everything is up to date. Tried multiple output resolutions and everything I can think of. Any suggestions are appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
Can you exchange it with the merchant?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Can you exchange it with the merchant?

I may be able to, however I wanted to make sure it wasn't something I was overlooking before I jumped to the conclusion that the HDMI port was bad.

xeromist
I would inspect the port to make sure there isn't debris in it or something but I'm not sure what you could be expected to do DIY to fix this.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I would inspect the port to make sure there isn't debris in it or something but I'm not sure what you could be expected to do DIY to fix this.

No debris visible. I'm guessing it's the port. I'm going to try an HDMI plug attached via the USBC ports when I receive from Amazon.

srv656s wrote:
No debris visible. I'm guessing it's the port. I'm going to try an HDMI plug attached via the USBC ports when I receive from Amazon.

Great idea. It won't perform as well as a native HDMI port but it will allow you to get output and compare.