cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX701GX keyboard not working after firmware update

Level 7
I received an update notification from MyAsus yesterday telling that I need to update the KB Firmware update tool V2.2.4. However, after running the firmware updater my keyboard is now dead. The keyboard does not work in either Windows or Bios. I guess this is some kind of firmware problem.

I tried to find KB Firmware update tool V2.2.4 on the support website but I failed. The online chat service asks me to reinstall windows to solve a firmware problem which is totally bull****.

Anyone having the same problem please leave a comment under this thread and let's see if there is a solution. I don't want my 3k pounds laptop becomes useless trash.
16 REPLIES 16

NikolayE60 wrote:
Has anyone solved the problem? Exactly the same situation with my gx701gv. The keyboard does not work at all, neither in Bios, or windows, only the touchpad.
My s/n is K2NRCV021120708A
My notebook become useless becouse of Asus mistake... Nice.

Hello Have you found the solution for this?

Blake1
Level 10
Dear all,
Would you be so kind to PM me your SN?
I have reported this issue and would like to have more information about it.
Thank you so much.

fcsoares43
Level 9
I need a download of keyboard firmware tool new version.

fcsoares43 wrote:
I need a download of keyboard firmware tool new version.

This problem is similiar with mine what is the solution ????

fcsoares43 wrote:

Same here on my Zephyrus S15

SKULSHADY wrote:
Same here on my Zephyrus S15

+1 s15 gx502gv updated some firmware via armoury crate and i got something similar. Funny thing is that its not the first time that it happens, the last time it got fixed with an update like some months after

fcsoares43 wrote:

Hello, I have the same laptop and had the same problem just yesterday. Have you fix yours? how did you do it thanks.