cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gx701 dead keyboard after update solution !!!

NikolayE60
Level 7
After updating the keyboard in myAsus app, the keyboard and backlight stopped working completely, including BIOS.
I decided to share the solution, because asus support cannot offer anything, except carry the laptop to service and leave it in service center.

After 2 days of suffering, I found a solution.
After resetting win10, myasus prompted me to re-download the keyboard update, but the update was failing.
I found a folder with a log file and my problem was:
Tool Version : 2.2.4
Product Name : GX701GV
[Initialize] Start Flash : 20210103203630
[Initialize] GetKBType : 0
[Initialize] UnReg LightingService
[Initialize] Battery Power Level : 100
[Initialize] GetASUSDevice fail
[Initialize] GetITEDevice

After that I decided to find the original installation file for the firmware, which is located in the C/ProgramData/Asus/ASUS System Control Interface/AsusSoftwareManager/2 folder and is deleted immediately after an error in myasus.

In the original file, I found the keyboard firmware files. Then I solved the problem that stopping flashing process with error "[Initialize] GetASUSDevice fail".
Solution was very simple, I downloaded KBFWUpdateTool_v1.0.5 and and moved the update file F0NK1100.GX701GV.308.bin to KBFWUpdateTool_v1.0.5/fw folder.
Then just run ROGKBFWUpdateTool.
END
All files you can download on my google drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lS0...ew?usp=sharing.

P.S. I like ROG notebooks, but i hate asus support and asus software updaters!
1 REPLY 1

hasenur83
Level 7
Hi, mine is the ROG Strix Hero III, G531GV, can this fix mine?
Can you give the a new google drive link, the link is dead, thank you very much..