cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX531 Suddenly Dead

Zampolit
Level 7
I was working on my computer, suddenly it was off.

There is no light on the LED showing plugged in or charging. I do not get a pass-through to the USB-C.

Pressing the power button(again with 40 second hold plugged in and not) does nothing. No sounds, no zaps, nothing.

I did take it apart, cleaning everything and checking all ribbons and all seemed to be ok.

Any thoughts? Dead and need to just buy a new one? (Sucks, this was bought in Apr'19, so not even 2 years old!)
3 REPLIES 3

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Zampolit,
Please kindly send your device to service center for further examination.
Thank you.

Zampolit
Level 7
Yea, someone said it will probably cost $1700 to take it in. Being less than 2 years old, it wasn't worth it.

So I just pre-ordered an Razer RTX3080 that will be here in 2 weeks. You can see I've had 8+ Asus/Rog laptops...but this is my last one as it didn't even make it 2 years, and has broke my loyalty. 😞

peperon321
Level 7
Dear OP,

I have encountered the same issue a year ago (occurred after 11 months of usage). Not gonna lie, was pretty disappointed at the moment. I sent it to the service centre and waited a month for the replacement of the motherboard.

I am unsure of the issue as well, but a possible explanation for my particular issue could be that I used a third party USB-C brick to charge it. It seemed fine for about 5 months before it died. There was no official Asus USB-C brick in my country at that time so I had to go with a third-party one. My MOBO might have been fried..I'm not very sure too as the technician didn't provide any information