cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX531 GS Sig Ed. Laptop Mousepad/Keypad not working - solved

mazurati
Level 7
Toggle key not working 😞

The one that switches allows my laptop to switch between a mousepad and numb. pad.

The Fn+ F10 key works..it disables/enables the mousepad just fine.. but it's the actual toggle button, so I have no numb. pad.

I've tried uninstalling the mouse drivers and keyboard drivers within my device manager, restart the laptop, but that didn't fix it. I've tried searcing online, but every solution I've found to others problems really didn't apply to mine.

can anyone help please?
2 REPLIES 2

mazurati
Level 7
I finally figured it out. Apparently my number pad driver deleted. How? I don't know, but using this link (https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-Zephyrus-S-GX531/HelpDesk_Download/) I was able to go through the menus and

Download and install the Touchpad drivers and then Run as Administrator this file "Install_Numberpad.bat"

xDhii
Level 7
mazurati wrote:
Toggle key not working 😞

The one that switches allows my laptop to switch between a mousepad and numb. pad.

The Fn+ F10 key works..it disables/enables the mousepad just fine.. but it's the actual toggle button, so I have no numb. pad.

I've tried uninstalling the mouse drivers and keyboard drivers within my device manager, restart the laptop, but that didn't fix it. I've tried searcing online, but every solution I've found to others problems really didn't apply to mine.

can anyone help please?

Any news? Facing the same problem since last bios update.
AirVent RGB stopped, keyboard stopped, numpad stopped.
The firmware is broken in this update.
I "fixed" the keyboard using another model's firmware, but still some problems.
I need the original firmware file for GX531 keyboard.