cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX502 coil whine?

dvrko
Level 8
I've actually been a power user for all the time spent with this laptop but recently I started studying more with my gf which required me to put the pc under optimus rather than discrete gpu so that I can put it in silent mode without having my laptop reaching crazy bad temps and I started noticing without my fans spinning that it suffer from coil whine, anyone else experiencing this issue
1 REPLY 1

fbajjar
Level 8
As far as I have researched on the internet, coil whine will almost be always present on battery/silent mode as they aggressively downclock the CPU and reduce the voltages too. But on my laptop it seems like the coil whine is present in the RGB Keyboard too? Try putting the laptop to sleep and let that wave RGB animation run and see if you have the same problem as mine, as it could be a high chance of a faulty RGB Keyboard (as my blue LEDs went horribly uneven and bad after just 8 months) I'm taking it to a service center this week as I seem to have an uneven heatsink/bad thermal paste job which could be related to your case of crazy high temps too.