cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX501Gl (i7-8750H) Model Aura Core DOES NOT WORK after clean Win10 install

halfbakers
Level 7
As the title says, I did clean install of Windows 10 on GX501Gl 8th gen Intel machine.

Product drivers page does not have Aura Core uploaded, and the Aura Core app found in Windows Store malfunctions, only thing I can do is all keys mode.
WASD mode and QWER mode all broken, does not work and turns all backlight off when I hit apply.

Also GX501Gl Aura Core that came with factory installed Aura Core can control ROG Logo light and Bottom vent LEDs, not found anywhere on Windows Store one
Doesn't really matter though since Windows Store Aura Core malfunctions anyway.

I suspect the one preloaded on system is the newer Aura Core pre-built for new 8th gen machine, problem is ASUS didn't upload this thing anywhere.
So I'm stuck with broken light control until ASUS decides to put upload the Aura Core specific for GX501Gl model. Anyone out there thinking about clean Windows install beware.
27 REPLIES 27

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
Why not getting latest asus driver here?

http://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers-for-windows-10/

Asus support page is crap btw.

ROG_HARDCORE wrote:
Why not getting latest asus driver here?

http://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers-for-windows-10/

Asus support page is crap btw.

Asus support page is so crap it has been down for at least a whole week until it finally came back up today. I have been checking the support pages everyday since I bought this notebook and a new mobo two weeks ago. Thanks for that link, and it does list the aura core v1.0.4

Man the sad thing is I got on online chat with asus support and all the person told me was "try installing it again" and "take it to a shop and get it re-imaged" and stupid stuff like that when all he had to do was freaking give me the correct download link to install it. I'm so pissed lol. I downloaded the smart gesture drive from there too because my touchpad is going insane sometimes tapping and not wanting to move. Let's see if it works! Thanks.

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
Dont use asus smart gestures driver! Windows precision driver for touchpad are world best and it should be as used by asus as default since 2017 devices. The driver can be automatically loaded through Windows 10 updates.

tap002
Level 9
halfbakers wrote:
As the title says, I did clean install of Windows 10 on GX501Gl 8th gen Intel machine.

Product drivers page does not have Aura Core uploaded, and the Aura Core app found in Windows Store malfunctions, only thing I can do is all keys mode.
WASD mode and QWER mode all broken, does not work and turns all backlight off when I hit apply.

Also GX501Gl Aura Core that came with factory installed Aura Core can control ROG Logo light and Bottom vent LEDs, not found anywhere on Windows Store one
Doesn't really matter though since Windows Store Aura Core malfunctions anyway.

I suspect the one preloaded on system is the newer Aura Core pre-built for new 8th gen machine, problem is ASUS didn't upload this thing anywhere.
So I'm stuck with broken light control until ASUS decides to put upload the Aura Core specific for GX501Gl model. Anyone out there thinking about clean Windows install beware.

All credit goes to egonzalez7579. Go to this post.https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?102475-ROG-AURA-Serviceclick the link.
Download the zip file, unzip install the first two installers (Aacsetup and Auraserevicesetup)
then install rog aura core from windows store.
I now have the original aura core that came with my GL703GE. FIXED

tap002 wrote:
All credit goes to egonzalez7579. Go to this post. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...G-AURA-Service click the link.
Download the zip file, unzip install the first two installers (Aacsetup and Auraserevicesetup)
then install rog aura core from windows store.
I now have the original aura core that came with my GL703GE.

Hi tap002,

It seems that the link you provided is broken. Could you please fix it?

Thanks.

egonzalez7579
Level 7

Nikolay
Level 7
Hi, everyone! I am also owner of GX501GI new Zhephyrus and I have exactly same problem with Aura Core. I decide to reinstall my windows and everything else is working now, without ROG Aura core. Downloaded from Microsoft site, but it is not working properly. Can not apply any settings and the Aura core can not remember any as well. If somebody manage to fix the aura core for GX501GI, please share you findings and show us how you did it.
Thank you in advance!

Nikolay wrote:
Hi, everyone! I am also owner of GX501GI new Zhephyrus and I have exactly same problem with Aura Core. I decide to reinstall my windows and everything else is working now, without ROG Aura core. Downloaded from Microsoft site, but it is not working properly. Can not apply any settings and the Aura core can not remember any as well. If somebody manage to fix the aura core for GX501GI, please share you findings and show us how you did it.
Thank you in advance!

Maybe you can try what worked for mine:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?102850-GU501GM-Optimus-and-ROG-Aura-Core-Issues/page2#post...