cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GU502GV Low FPS Help.

Lillphil91
Level 7
So I've had this laptop for a few weeks and most games ran at around 100-120 give or take not issues or throttling. Then after a bunch of random updates spammed me windows, asus drivers....now even after reinstall and rolling back windows and drivers I literally cannot get a single game over 45-49fps, and I've exhausted all options as far as nvidia settings and still to no prevail. Has any of me had this issue with the laptop and any fixes before I throw it at the wall, or wait 5 years for asus support?

I7950H

Fps under load max 45-51 Ghost Recon Wildlands
Temps under load sit around 72-76
CPU and gpu utilization is right around 70-80
Rtx 2060
Win 10 1809 with may 2020 updates
Bios for asus 207, trying to avoid newer bios as they lock out undervolting....
16gb ram
1tb ssd

I am using throttlestop with disable turbo and sitting on a -.101 under volt which has been pretty stable, Yes I have tried running the games without throttle and just as stock as possible settings and no change.

Also I'd like to mention that plugged in power settings max I get 45-50 off the plug I loss unusual massive fps like down to 12, now typically before all these updates and bios I'd go 80+plugged and 45 off the plug.

Really need a miracle fix on where and when everything went wrong, i apologize if I'm missing anything right of the bat here.

Lol first person to figure this out for me get 10 bucks paypal😅
1 REPLY 1

Soulsentence182
Level 7
At what frequency is the gpu running while you play Ghost? I experienced something similar and it was the gpu getting too hot and throttling, it needed a repasare job which is super easy on this laptop.