cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM501GS laptop display malfunction

alexz123
Level 7
Hello, I have only had my laptop for about 2 months, and about 2-3 weeks in my laptop display started to flicker. I contacted ASUS support and did as instructed; updated bios, and graphics cards. The problem was still happening so they then told me to do a BIOS reset as well as a hard factory reset. The problem was still occurring, at this point I filled out a RMA and sent in my computer. After receiving my computer back two days ago, the only thing that had apparently been done by the service technician was a hard factory reset.... Not only that but they reset the computer to the wrong language and now my windows 10 language is in French and I can barely change my settings or do anything and I am unable to change it.

So now my computer display is still flickering, and windows 10 is in French, not English.

I need this computer for work/school and it was hard enough for a week and a half without it, yet alone using it while its flickering. If I have to go without if another 1-3 weeks for another RMA it will be extremely difficult. Plus I am not sure if that will do anything as last time the RMA did nothing. Is there possibility of a replacement being sent out?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to the video of the errors as I was unable to upload it as an attachment, I also have other videos but am unable to attach them either if anyone wants to see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQQv5lq31Zg&feature=youtu.be
1 REPLY 1

alexz123
Level 7
There is also a new small "bump/indent" that wasn't there before on the top side of the computer. Only just noticed as the light is different and I can now see the shading making it visible....