cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GA503QR Intel WiFi/BT card dead

theandies
Level 7
Bought this beast (so far great laptop) EXECPT the WiFi card died after 3 days. It's not listed in device manager as it was before because I check all that stuff whenever I buy a new computer on the first day. Came home for lunch and played Mad Max on Steam for about 30 minutes and it was working fine. Went back to work. Bought The Witcher on steam for $7 (YEA) at work and when I got home to download it Windows said I had to connect to a network. Hit the network icon next to the clock and no WiFi button......nothing. That's when I checked device manager.

Anyone have this problem?

Just wondering how good these Intel AX200 cards really are. I bought this laptop from Best Buy and have a January 16th retun window so that is cool. Just wondering if I should avoid the Intel WiFi card and get a different laptopl
1 REPLY 1

theandies
Level 7
SOLVED - I bought it from Best Buy (on-line). I took it to out local store to see what could be done. Those guys were great and even though I bought it on-line they said they'd look at it. After about 10 minutes of messing with it they found that the WiFi card was dead but everything else is good. They had a WiFi card in stock. in fact an updated version. And Intel AX210 instead of the AX200 it came with. Installed it free of charged. Then the Geek asked me if I knew they just dropped the price of the GA503QR $300 and since I am still in my return window I was eligible for Best Buys price match. So I walked out of the store with a new WiWi card for free and $300 in my pocket (actually credit card refund) to boot.
Best Buy is the Best.........right now.