cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GA401IV Full Model Number

Darkepyon87
Level 7
I'm trying to find the actual model number of one of these G14 laptops so i can start looking for it to become available. I tried e-mailing support and they were useless, they directed me to the e-store which didn't stock anything so they had no idea about anything and the canadian support page is hot garbage. Does anyone know how to get these model numbers and not just the garbage promo page that states "this model includes these thousand options but you gotta guess how to get it"
I'm looking for the model that contains the following:
- Charcoal/Black or whatever they call it
- 1 TB NVMe drive
- 4900 HS
- RTX 2060
- 16 GB RAM
- 1080p 120hz display
- Regular system (not that Anime backdrop thing)

The best i found was GA401IV-DS91 which seems to be all the specs i want but has that Anime screen backer which i'd prefer not to have.*
4 REPLIES 4

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Darkepyon87,
There are 3 general model of G14 so far, GA401IV, GA401IU and GA401II, differs by the Graphic card.
Each model have black & white, with and without AniMe Matrix, 4 type, depends on the seller how to give them code (the code after GA401I?)
and whether have them in the shop.
https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Zephyrus-G14/Tech-Specs/
Sorry for the complication.
Thank you for your feedback.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Darkepyon87 wrote:
I'm trying to find the actual model number of one of these G14 laptops so i can start looking for it to become available. I tried e-mailing support and they were useless, they directed me to the e-store which didn't stock anything so they had no idea about anything and the canadian support page is hot garbage. Does anyone know how to get these model numbers and not just the garbage promo page that states "this model includes these thousand options but you gotta guess how to get it"
I'm looking for the model that contains the following:
- Charcoal/Black or whatever they call it
- 1 TB NVMe drive
- 4900 HS
- RTX 2060
- 16 GB RAM
- 1080p 120hz display
- Regular system (not that Anime backdrop thing)

The best i found was GA401IV-DS91 which seems to be all the specs i want but has that Anime screen backer which i'd prefer not to have.*

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your interest in ASUS products!

Are you trying to find the full-model name of a unit you have seen/heard for sale already, or are you trying to find the full-model name of a unit you wish to purchase, but have never seen for sale?

Basically, we will not sell units in every configuration in every region, so if you have not seen it for sale already, unfortunately, it may not be for sale currently or even be sold in North America later, but that may remain to be seen.

You may already know, but it appears 'Best Buy' in the U.S. is selling the GA401IV-BR9N6 which appears to be the white colored version of the notebook you are looking for if you are not as worried about the color although you may want to double-check the specs to be sure.
There are third-parties that can sell notebook 'skins' or help you customize the look, so not sure if you want to look into that option as well.

Unfortunately, we do not normally provide much notice about upcoming future "full-model" configurations before they are released and it's not certain what other configurations will be released in North America, but if you prefer to wait longer, you may just want to keep an eye out for new versions/configurations as they are released.

cl-Albert wrote:
Welcome to the forums and thanks for your interest in ASUS products!

Are you trying to find the full-model name of a unit you have seen/heard for sale already, or are you trying to find the full-model name of a unit you wish to purchase, but have never seen for sale?

Basically, we will not sell units in every configuration in every region, so if you have not seen it for sale already, unfortunately, it may not be for sale currently or even be sold in North America later, but that may remain to be seen.

You may already know, but it appears 'Best Buy' in the U.S. is selling the GA401IV-BR9N6 which appears to be the white colored version of the notebook you are looking for if you are not as worried about the color although you may want to double-check the specs to be sure.
There are third-parties that can sell notebook 'skins' or help you customize the look, so not sure if you want to look into that option as well.

Unfortunately, we do not normally provide much notice about upcoming future "full-model" configurations before they are released and it's not certain what other configurations will be released in North America, but if you prefer to wait longer, you may just want to keep an eye out for new versions/configurations as they are released.

Thank you for the information, i'm not sure why you would refuse to supply with detailed model numbers when other companies do but thats your sales teams choice i guess. I've also heard not so great things about some of the choices made with the white colour scheme which is why i was looking for the black/grey model.

Again thank you for the help.*

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Wish I could help you more and let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss, but unfortunately, doesn't look like we are selling the exact model/configuration you are looking for in North America right now.

fyi.
I don't work in sales and my information is more limited, but for Canada, only see the GA401IV-DS91-CA available currently (if you can find it?).

If you have any interest in U.S models, only seeing the 'BestBuy' GA401IV-BR9N6 as the only GA401IV model sold in the U.S. with 1080p 120Hz display and we don't seem to be selling too many different versions of the GA401IV right now as far as I can see.
If you have any interest in GA401IV models with 2560x1440 60Hz displays sold in the U.S., we can suggest some of those models.
Thanks.