cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely fast battery wear - asus rog zephyrus gx531 gv

chuvietha04
Level 7
I have been using my laptop - rog zephyrus gx531 gv for about 5 month and this problem just happened yesterday. When I first bought this laptop 5 month ago, I checkes the battery wear percentage and it was 2.9%. I mostly use my laptop pluged in because I play games a lot. I also turn on the balance battery mode inside the asus software so my battery only charged up to 80%, it never go higher than that. There wasnt any problem with battery wear, it stay at 2.9%, until yesterday, I came back from my holiday (3 days) and turned on my laptop. I checked the battery and it was 39.9%. I was really really really shocked and now i dont know how to deal with it.
I will be very thankful for any help from people.
3 REPLIES 3

madhacker3kxl
Level 9
Sometimes charging to 80% can mess with the battery monitoring system. To truly verify the wear, set the charger setting back to 100% and then run the laptop on battery low as possible while in OS. The OS will run till 5% or so. After that turn it off and turn it on to BIOS and leave it there till the laptop turns off. Plug the AC adapter in till battery charges to 100%, while the computer is off. Turn the laptop on after fully charges and verify the wear level.

Note: Li+ cell's life is based on date of manufacture. You had the laptop for 5 months but that doesn't mean the cell is only 5 months old.

My battery wear lever is 10% after a few complete charge cycles (<10), I usually put the charge method to balance mode, and sometime use the laptop with battery (no game) and re-charge it (still balance mode), sometime I do the full charge to 100% and nearly the wear lever increase one by one :mad:

I spent lot of time to search about the problem in the internet and found many topic about the increase rapidly wear level of ASUS battery and the cause only is worst battery quality (no problem in software, no other way but to replace the battery). Seem that machine will be the last Asus laptop that I bought :(.

MinhVoBinh wrote:
My battery wear lever is 10% after a few complete charge cycles (<10), I usually put the charge method to balance mode, and sometime use the laptop with battery (no game) and re-charge it (still balance mode), sometime I do the full charge to 100% and nearly the wear lever increase one by one :mad:

I spent lot of time to search about the problem in the internet and found many topic about the increase rapidly wear level of ASUS battery and the cause only is worst battery quality (no problem in software, no other way but to replace the battery). Seem that machine will be the last Asus laptop that I bought :(.

Hi i got Asus Zephyrus when i bought it it got 0% wear level, for one year and half one day i turn it on and battery of 0% charged i charget it 100% and voila 13% wear level i let her discharge at 80% and recharge again 10% wear level and maintain hope i could help