cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 502 with new Armoury Crate update!

DariusDavedane
Level 9
Dear all and ASUS!

I am getting 502 error code when I forced to install your software. And I am not the only one, more and more people complaining about this error.

I tried everything, except Win reinstall, what I don't want to do.

I tried your uninstaller...no change.
Several reboots, switching off antivirus, runing everything in admin mode...no change.
Every driver/software is up to date and legal on my computer.

Please, if anybody knows the solution, (or an alternative software to replace this), don't hesitate to provide the information.

Thank you for your help!
49 REPLIES 49

Nate152
Thank you,

Something else that can cause problems is instability.

You could reset the bios to default settings and try installing Armoury Crate.

1) Clean uninstall of all old armoury crate using the uninstall tool from armoury crate site
2) Restart
3) Download the installer "Armoury Crate & Aura Creator Installer" then proceed to install (run as admin)
4) There should be a pop up of Aura Install (DO THIS FIRST, DO NOT PROCEED TO ARMOURY CRATE INSTALL) and once aura box pops up, make sure to update everyhing.
5) Once all were updated in Aura App, then proceed to install the armoury crate.
6)VOILA

Are the Asus devs working on this? I just bought the ROG Chakram X and cannot customize it because AC won't install.

Having the same issue.
Just installed a new fan and wanted to configure it to work with the rest of the items set up in armory crate.

Releasing updates that won't even run is beyond stupidity. It ran just fine before the "update" a few days ago.

Any fix besides "reinstall/reset your system" being worked on?

Steeldragon wrote:
Having the same issue.
Just installed a new fan and wanted to configure it to work with the rest of the items set up in armory crate.

Releasing updates that won't even run is beyond stupidity. It ran just fine before the "update" a few days ago.

Any fix besides "reinstall/reset your system" being worked on?

I've been facing this damn problem for about a month now with no solution. I've tried formatting the computer and it didn't work. I've seen users saying that even a bios reset doesn't work. When will Asus fix this ridiculous programming error!

I've been facing this damn problem for about a month and there's no solution at all. I've tried formatting the computer and it didn't work. I've seen users saying that even a bios reset doesn't work. When will Asus fix this ridiculous programming error ? !

Jacek_S
Level 7
Same problem here, any updates about that?

Nothing helps! We are waiting. I have email with Nate152, who will contact with Asus devs.

In the another 502 error topic, Asus mod suggested to install .NET Core, but for me its changed nothing.

"Please try to download and install Net Core manually from here before installing Armoury Crate."
https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/2887cb40-178c-4c1c-8fc1-ad5b8a29075b/33b8f9d...

DariusDavedane wrote:
Nothing helps! We are waiting. I have email with Nate152, who will contact with Asus devs.

In the another 502 error topic, Asus mod suggested to install .NET Core, but for me its changed nothing.

"Please try to download and install Net Core manually from here before installing Armoury Crate."
https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/2887cb40-178c-4c1c-8fc1-ad5b8a29075b/33b8f9d...

Mine is already at version 5.0.17 (instead of 5.0.14). So it won't install the older version (you know, the one with bugs & security issues fixed by latest update).

EDIT2 - you must disable autoupdate for apps in Microsoft Store, this causes AC to force update.
Solved with german installer, thanks to reddit user https://www.reddit.com/user/seb_run: (works for ROG laptops)

Same issue here.

This install (Version 5.0.8.0) works great :

https://www.asustreiber.de/downloads/download/62-asus-install-packs/871-armoury-crate-notebook-pack

The install process is in GERMAN but Armory crate is in English after install.

It shows fam RPM and all.

It keep asking for an update and will launch it automatically even if you discard it so i block internet access through windows defender firewall.

I hope ASUS will pay more attention to the future releases of AC!... and will not force updates that are not tested enough.
Use my laptop as GPU render for 3D graphics, and without AC it became useless for a day.