cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 502 with new Armoury Crate update!

DariusDavedane
Level 9
Dear all and ASUS!

I am getting 502 error code when I forced to install your software. And I am not the only one, more and more people complaining about this error.

I tried everything, except Win reinstall, what I don't want to do.

I tried your uninstaller...no change.
Several reboots, switching off antivirus, runing everything in admin mode...no change.
Every driver/software is up to date and legal on my computer.

Please, if anybody knows the solution, (or an alternative software to replace this), don't hesitate to provide the information.

Thank you for your help!
49 REPLIES 49

Nate152 wrote:
Hi anxs220

Try installing version 3.2.2.3 then go to the update center and run all the updates.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

The problem is you cannot install this new update. Full uninstall and reinstall doesn't work at all.

When will Asus programmers fix this?

Also why are we forced to update? Old version was working fine. We can't go back to the old version either now. It forces to update new version.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi anxs220

Try installing version 3.2.2.3 then go to the update center and run all the updates.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

the new update from 08/16 still shows the same error 502? is there any further update regarding error 502?

Thanks!

anxs220
Level 7

We can't go back to the old version either now. It forces to update new version.

I found that Microsoft Store forces AC to update from old version. You can disable app updates there.
4 days stable for now.

anxs220
Level 7

We can't go back to the old version either now. It forces to update new version.

I found that Microsoft Store forces AC to update from old version. You can install old version and disable app updates in Microsoft Store.
4 days stable for now.

anxs220 wrote:

I found that Microsoft Store forces AC to update from old version. You can install old version and disable app updates in Microsoft Store.
4 days stable for now.

You cannot disable updates for a single app, you have to disable updates for all apps, not acceptable.

Hi all,

I'm yet another "happy" rog laptop owner with the same problem. Armory Crate was working fine and then it just broke. Based on the number of comments here and redit, it seems that asus doesn't really do any QA testing.

This version does not work neither. Are there any plans to fix this?

DryreL
Level 9
We are still waiting for support from ASUS. When will this problem be resolved?

I still get Error 502. The newest Update does not work anymore with my ROG STRIX B550-F Board. Update is forced. The old versions had worked "ok". This Armoury Crate is clearly trash and anti consumer. I'm impressed how bad the Software is. I regret buying my first ROG Strix product.....

When will you fix this? Bring back at least the old version without forced Updates.
Again I have no words for this mess. Not acceptable at all.

Please fix!!!

DryreL
Level 9
Hey guys,

I found a solution, thanks to reddit user @ryrydawg

Click here to go reddit post

1) Use Uninstall Tool to completely remove Armory Crate / Restart PC
2) Download ROGLiveService_5.0.8.0.exe and install
3) Disable Windows Store auto update

Good luck!

DryreL wrote:
Hey guys,

I found a solution, thanks to reddit user @ryrydawg

Click here to go reddit post

1) Use Uninstall Tool to completely remove Armory Crate / Restart PC
2) Download ROGLiveService_5.0.8.0.exe and install
3) Disable Windows Store auto update

Good luck!

disable updates for all apps, because only one is malfunctioning, it's not acceptable.