cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus S17 GX703 frame drops, HELP NEEDED

pitha1337
Level 7
Hello,

I have the ASUS GX703 with QHD display and when playing games I have big frame drops from time to time. My temperatures for CPU and GPU are fine (CPU 60-80°C and GPU 75°C). I have also disabled adavanced optimus and use the dedicated graphics mode only.

Sometimes the games run as I expect them to run. Everything is so smooth and another time it feels like I have 70% of the device performance...and it is stuttering in all games. Mostly games which depend on CPU and GPU.

Unfortunately you can not monitor the temperatures of the VRAM on a notebook. I wonder if they are overheating...

Someone has similar problems?

All in all this device seems to be a bit buggy. CPU performs very strange some times. Seems to be something wrong with PL1 and PL2 states... can't really figure out what the problem is.
13 REPLIES 13

I passed by your thread and saw your comment about sleep mode 😄

I have the same burning issue and I need to know if you could fix it?

Let's connect please as I don't know if my FIFA 22 is acting weird because of this turbo mode..?

right now all CPU & GPU fans go at 60% though I'm setting at low including limiting to 30 FPS.

Thanks for your help!!!

nicola_ruglio
Level 8
Same problem here with same laptop, did you fix it? When i put in Turbo mode or Manual mode with memory OC get stuttering and FPS drop. I saw when this happen clock GPU pass to 1800MHZ and clock memory to 800MHZ for a second and then go back in normal state. I used whisper mode for a while (for high temperatures) and i start to think this create the problem. I need to know if is something that can i fix or is hardware damaged

I am shocked about your GPU temperatures too, when i play mine reach 86°

nicola_ruglio
Level 8
Did you find any solution pitha1337?

nicola.ruglio wrote:
Did you find any solution pitha1337?

This user has not logged on for more than one year now.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…