cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Zephyrus GU502GV Bios 307 or older. -FOUND

Littleremus
Level 7
Does anyone happen to have a download for bios version 307 or older for the laptop GU502GV? I would like to undervolt my laptop as I recently upgraded and did not realize I could not undervolt after the update and my laptop is running quite hot. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
35 REPLIES 35

YourMainD
Level 7
307 Didn't Have Undervolt capability... nor did the factory level (which I believe was 305)

YourMainD wrote:
307 Didn't Have Undervolt capability... nor did the factory level (which I believe was 305)

Then what did? I was undervolting in the past and just recently updated since I had to reset my entire pc and though "why not". Now I can't undervolt. I was under the impression that 307 was the last version for GU502GV that could undervolt.

Littleremus wrote:
Then what did? I was undervolting in the past and just recently updated since I had to reset my entire pc and though "why not". Now I can't undervolt. I was under the impression that 307 was the last version for GU502GV that could undervolt.

The latest bios is 311. I can tell you for a fact that 307, 309 and 311 don't have Undervolt options. And to be honest, I don't recall my GU502GV ever having it.
Unfortunately, Asus removed the older versions from their Product support Page. Maybe it was 304 or 303, etc.. but who knows. I do know this, Intel forced all the OEMs to lock down their machines with Gen 9.

Hopefully someone saved pre-307 versions locally and you'll score an old copy from a trustworthy source.

YourMainD wrote:
The latest is 311. I can tell you for a fact that 307, 309 and 311 don't have Undervolt options. And to be honest, I don't recall my GU502GV ever having it.
Unfortunately, Asus removed the older versions from their Product support Page.

Hopefully someone saved pre-307 versions locally and you'll score an old copy from a trustworthy source.

Thats my hope, I can 100% confirm that my laptop could undervolt and it is a GU502GV. I was doing it for a while and had good results. I did it using throttlestop. It sucks they removed old versions and I cant find any downloads for versions older than 309.

Littleremus wrote:
Thats my hope, I can 100% confirm that my laptop could undervolt and it is a GU502GV. I was doing it for a while and had good results. I did it using throttlestop. It sucks they removed old versions and I cant find any downloads for versions older than 309.

I believe you. So, was there just an Advanced Section to the Bios or did you have to force invoke it somehow with some key-press combination?

YourMainD wrote:
I believe you. So, was there just an Advanced Section to the Bios or did you have to force invoke it somehow with some key-press combination?

I believe AI Tweaker was available in the bios and that allowed you to enable to ability to undervolt. Nothing too crazy. The new bios do not have AI Tweaker anymore o you cant access the option.

I found 307.

You want to give it a try?

You do realize that Asus/Microsoft is going to automatically push an update back to the latest... right?

YourMainD wrote:
I found 307.

You want to give it a try?

You do realize that Asus/Microsoft is going to automatically push an update back to the latest... right?

Im down to try, you can turn off auto updates in MyAsus and Ill figure out windows if it works. If it works then im 1 step closer at least lol. Where did you find it? Ive been looking for weeks.

I found my download in a Macrium Reflect backup of my machine.