cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After BIOS Update GX701GWR graphic card not detected - solved

0rGaZm0
Level 7
Today when i returned from work i restared my pc and i saw that bios was updateing i left it.... but after reboot i cannot see my NVIDIA RTX 2070 on my
GX701GWR laptop...
The update i got it from windows update now my bios is 306
When i open Geforce experience its says that there is no nvidia card in the laptop its funny even...

Any help will be good thank you

Update 1 : i tryed with rolling back the 304 but still does not show the graphic card.

Update 2 : there is no problem with the bios update

Update 3 : I found out where is the problem : after the bios update you will get damaged PCI Express Root Complex in Device Manager something like that repair it or update the driver, then automaticly the geforce expirience will start working then start it update the geforce expirience then update the nvidia driver to the latest 441.12 by doing clean install on the latest driver then reboot the laptop and everything will start working without any kind of problem
6 REPLIES 6

SpyderBlades
Level 7
I just had the exact thing happen with the same laptop... Except that PCIe controller says it can't start due to incomplete or damaged registry. Updating it did nothing and I couldn't see a way to repair it. I'm currently in the process of a full Windows reset. I just lost all my hard work setting this thing up the last month. If I could throw a rock through someone's window at Microsoft, I would.

*Update, the windows reset fixed it.

I want to snap the necks of whomever green-lit anus's **** software. I returned TWO of these GX701 since the GPU magically disappeared from the system after install. I'm on my third and figured that ill just keep sending these back to the retailer until they fix their :mad:

Disabled ROG live services to stop auto update and did system restore to an earlier point before the bios update. That solved the issue for me. I Had to reinstall the GForce experience. Updated all the GForce drivers and restarted the system. Restored bios from 306 to 305 using the restore point. This also fixed the crappy frame drop in games.

"The bios on the Asus website doesn't match with the bios which is auto updated on the system. My system model is GW701 GWR and the bios was auto updated to version 306 which is not available for my model on the Asus site. Currently running 305 which was also auto updated using the restore point (again this version is also not available for this model on the Asus website"

Don't know why the system updated to the wrong bios.

SpyderBlades wrote:
I just had the exact thing happen with the same laptop... Except that PCIe controller says it can't start due to incomplete or damaged registry. Updating it did nothing and I couldn't see a way to repair it. I'm currently in the process of a full Windows reset. I just lost all my hard work setting this thing up the last month. If I could throw a rock through someone's window at Microsoft, I would.

*Update, the windows reset fixed it.

Having the same exact issue. Windows update fix it temporarily. Have you found any permanent solution? Thanks.

AlexTUF
Level 7
How did you rollback the BIOS? I have same problem in my Zephirus GX701GWR but I heard that downgrade BIOS is not possible.
Can you explain?
Thanks

0rGaZm0 wrote:
Today when i returned from work i restared my pc and i saw that bios was updateing i left it.... but after reboot i cannot see my NVIDIA RTX 2070 on my
GX701GWR laptop...
The update i got it from windows update now my bios is 306
When i open Geforce experience its says that there is no nvidia card in the laptop its funny even...

Any help will be good thank you

Update 1 : i tryed with rolling back the 304 but still does not show the graphic card.

Update 2 : there is no problem with the bios update

Update 3 : I found out where is the problem : after the bios update you will get damaged PCI Express Root Complex in Device Manager something like that repair it or update the driver, then automaticly the geforce expirience will start working then start it update the geforce expirience then update the nvidia driver to the latest 441.12 by doing clean install on the latest driver then reboot the laptop and everything will start working without any kind of problem

First of all, i have no idea why ASUS is not fixing this issue. My 2070 was working fine. but after 24 hours, i can't see my GPU and the FPS are terrible. Reinstalling windows fixed the issue temporarily. But it came back after 2 days. At first i thought I had BIOS issues. I tried 304 and 306. BIOS is not the issue. I installed windows again but this time i didn't installed all the services software that come with the laptop.
After mush digging around for 1 week, i found the Live Updater shipped with the laptop install some kind of driver which led PCI Express root driver to crash.
So here is the solution.
1. Install a fresh copy of Windows. (Backup the original esupport folder)
2. After windows installation install armoury crate and other driver except ASUS live updater.
3. Armoury Crete 2.5.7.0 works well, without any RGB keyboard freezing issue. So i haven't update mine. (updated version sometimes do not show the GPU/CPU speed.
4. Also to get the ROG logo and vent lights to lit up,you need to go to the ASUS Armoury Crate> Devices > System > Lighting > Settings ....and click Laptop Light Zone. I don't know why its hidden.
Final though, ASUS should fix their own software. The device is perfect but the software its shipped with is terrible.