cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Creator Update Installation Failure on GL502VS - workaround

Rishme
Level 7
Has anyone faced any issues installing the New windows Creator Update on their GL502VS.
It gets stuck at BIOS when it restart. And then roles back to the old version

This is the error i see
0xC1900101 - 0x20017 Installation failed during safe OS phase with an error during boot operation'
Help please?
356 REPLIES 356

fenriv wrote:
Same problem with Creators update and GL502VS.
It looks suspicious together with nvidia driver issue.

Some one found a way to simply postpone the update?

Just to clarify. The nvidia driver has nothing to do with this problem. I believe Nvidia decided not to support this model in the latest release. Use an older version will work.

Same issue here. And I really dont want to mess my reboot. I guess we have to wait for a patch update by windows.

The restart at Asus logo didnt work for me. Got to orange screen with windows update and the next restart was windows restoring previous version. Basically undoing what it did. So I guess I'll be waiting for a fixed version of Windows 10 creator.

Follow the below given steps carefully to resolve Windows 10 creators update failure issue:

1. Open thee run dialogue box by pressing the Windows Logo key + R
2. In the run box type services.msc and hit Enter key.
3. This will launch the Services Manager.
4. Scroll down the list to find the Windows Update service, right-click on it and click on Stop.
5. Restart your computer, now wait for the computer to start.
6. After booting your PC or laptop, open the Start Menu and click on Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.

Your system should now check for updates, find the build 1703 update and start downloading and installing it without any issues.

Source: http://www.pcerror-fix.com

hey guys. i have ASUS GL502VT 970m NVIDIA card
Primary drive: SAMSUNG M2 ssd EVO
Secondary drive: HGST travelstar

have read all suggestions, nothing works for me. even have a post at answers.microsoft since may 2017.
tried the ff.

1. microsoft dism, sfc scan
2. windows update troubleshooter
3. renaming softwaredistribution
4. deleting old windows update files
5. windows update assistant
6. ISO file
7. removing kaspersky
8. clean install
9. updated BIOS to version 300
10. even disabling SMART

error code that is persistent is 0xC1900101 - 0x20017
microsoft suggestions didnt work

any suggestions?

same issue here and all the time windows ask to restart and install the update

For me GL552VX keyboard light problem, i used to adjust fn+f4 ti increasw the light but nothing change, but when i restart my pc it showing a little red jejejee and thats it need adjustment not working, anybody same isssue and fixed????

Thank you

SatChad wrote:
For me GL552VX keyboard light problem, i used to adjust fn+f4 ti increasw the light but nothing change, but when i restart my pc it showing a little red jejejee and thats it need adjustment not working, anybody same isssue and fixed????

Thank you

I believe you have to go to support page for your device and download the "ATKPackage" for hotkeys.

I contacted ASUS Facebook page about this issue and after a few messages they blocked me.

htx2000 wrote:
I contacted ASUS Facebook page about this issue and after a few messages they blocked me.

Based on this thread, that's at this point expected. What a scumbag move. No more Asus, they don't deserve our money.