cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 1809 GL553VE Graphic card totally unstable

fedess
Level 7
I use my ROG GL553VE to edit with adobe premiere pro cc 2017
As the OS was having many issues I decided to clean install windows, using the latest 1809 version
Installed all drivers and then went for the adobe product.

After using it for few minutes, i started having BSOD.
Checked for video driver updates and found that Intel video driver was outdated, and that the october-2018 Windows version required the new "universal windows driver" that was available at intel's web for download, so I installed it. But the issue persist.
Also found my BIOS was v306, so I updated to latest v307.
Tried many differents 3xx.xx and 4xx.xx nVidia drivers, but I still have video problems hanging my system and in most cases having BSOD with "video scheduler internal error" or "video TDR failure (nvlddmkm.sys)", depending on the nVidia driver version.

I can't find out where the problem is but I believe it's something with the new Windows version, not sure if before formatting i was on 1709 or 1803 but I was not having this issue.

specs are:
Laptop Asus ROG GL553VE-DS74:
Intel i7-7700HQ + HD 630
nVidia GeForce 1050Ti 4GB
256SSD + 1TB HDD
16GB RAM DDR4
3 REPLIES 3

McCoy
Level 8
fedess wrote:
I use my ROG GL553VE to edit with adobe premiere pro cc 2017
As the OS was having many issues I decided to clean install windows, using the latest 1809 version
Installed all drivers and then went for the adobe product.

After using it for few minutes, i started having BSOD.
Checked for video driver updates and found that Intel video driver was outdated, and that the october-2018 Windows version required the new "universal windows driver" that was available at intel's web for download, so I installed it. But the issue persist.
Also found my BIOS was v306, so I updated to latest v307.
Tried many differents 3xx.xx and 4xx.xx nVidia drivers, but I still have video problems hanging my system and in most cases having BSOD with "video scheduler internal error" or "video TDR failure (nvlddmkm.sys)", depending on the nVidia driver version.

I can't find out where the problem is but I believe it's something with the new Windows version, not sure if before formatting i was on 1709 or 1803 but I was not having this issue.

specs are:
Laptop Asus ROG GL553VE-DS74:
Intel i7-7700HQ + HD 630
nVidia GeForce 1050Ti 4GB
256SSD + 1TB HDD
16GB RAM DDR4

Please check this one: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/nvlddmkm-sys-video_tdr_failure-blue-screen-error-solved-on-wind...

It helped me ONCE for my friends new PC.

Also, i think that 1809 is born2die build, i'd prefer to wait further on update of this OS.

McCoy wrote:
Please check this one: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/nvlddmkm-sys-video_tdr_failure-blue-screen-error-solved-on-wind...

It helped me ONCE for my friends new PC.

Also, i think that 1809 is born2die build, i'd prefer to wait further on update of this OS.

Thanks, will give it a try.
By the moment, I managed to make it work by installing an older driver (i think it's v390.77), updating BIOS to v307 (last version for this laptop) AND configuring nVidia's power management to "high performance"...
Not the most stable system but worked within hours without crashing. The same happened with this same notebook when Win10 1709 was released, and that time the final fix came with BIOS upgrade (BIOS version launched after win10's update) and newer nVidia driver.

I hope nVidia release's a stable version of the 4xx.xx drivers as those are needed to run adobe premiere 2019... I have all the hardware resources required but software is unstable yet.

I have the same issue after updating windows from 1803 to 1809
crashing after 5-10 min working on photoshop or illustrator, also bsod in games like shadow of the tomb raider,
i have the latest bios ver. 307 and the latest intel and nvidia driver versions,
do you think downgrading to nvidia older driver version will fix the issue?

Thanks