cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win7 TouchPad not working GL552 VW

Stephilosophy
Level 7
Hi all,

I am in great need of making my touch-pad to work. I installed win7 my GL552VW because the software I need for work won't run in Win10 nor Win8. I couldn't find the driver for my touch pad. None of the smart gesture driver works on my machine in win7.

These are what I've tried:
1) use the driver for win10 for this particular model ---> error: part of the installation didn't end as expected.
2) use the driver for win8.1 for GL552JW ----> error: part of the installation didn't end as expected.
3) use the driver for win7 for some other model ---> error: smart gesture doesn't support your device.

BTW, the ATK driver works fine on my computer.

Now I suspected that these may be caused by my CPU (i7-6700 with skylate). I've been through tones of articles online about getting the touch pad to work. But all of them are using the models with CPUs older than i7-6700.

Is there anyone out there who is able to get the touch-pad working for WIN7? If any ASUS staff sees this, please talk to the tech department and help us fix the problem.

Steph
24 REPLIES 24

CaptainPure wrote:
FIRST GO TO DEVICE MANAGER EXPAND SYSTEM DEVICE or the unknown device (INTEL SERIAL IO12 C HOST CONTROLER ) UPDATE OR INSTALL THIS DRIVER by located the drivers manually cd:. Gl552>software>serialIO when not support try install driver easy for detect and find your serial io 12 c host a160 and ai61 and try to allocated manually the driver again. Hope this help !!!
The point is you need to install serial io 12c host controller a160 and a161 to activated The touchpad...

I have theee drivers installed and working, yet none of the touchpad drivers install and work properly in Win7

I have the exact same problem on my G552VW with Windows 7, I have tried everything proposed on this thread but still the touchpad is not working.
While searching the net I found people with the same issue trying to use Ubuntu Linux on G552VW, but this got resolved couple of weeks later as Ubuntu is constantly updated and Windows 7 is not... anyway this should not be that hard to fix.

ledgedes
Level 7
Here's the site for touchpad fix in win10 http://www.asus.com/us/support/Download/3/772/0/2/45/

Hello, my model is gl752vw, I've already opened a thread here

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?89067-GL752VW-Touchpad-Driver-PCI-Controller-for-Data-Acqu...

However, since I've got no response, I was trying to get one from you, maybe it's a similar problem?
The device DOESN'T show in device manager, even with hidden devices shown... some options?

Bios Version is 214

ledgedes wrote:
Here's the site for touchpad fix in win10 http://www.asus.com/us/support/Download/3/772/0/2/45/

Does this work on WIN7?

(--------------start quote--------------------)
Gamanek wrote:
Hello, my model is gl752vw, I've already opened a thread here

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?89067-GL752VW-Touchpad-Driver-PCI-Controller-for-Data-Acqu...

However, since I've got no response, I was trying to get one from you, maybe it's a similar problem?
The device DOESN'T show in device manager, even with hidden devices shown... some options?

Bios Version is 214

Does this work on WIN7?

(--------------end quote--------------------)

I'm on a rog strix laptop (GL702ZC) and it took me 20ish hours to get win 7 working (not win 10 -> win 7, but a fresh win 7). I had to use the asus software to load drivers onto my usb iso after using rufus in order to make the usb stick support usb 3.0 during win 7 installation. Anyway, the only thing I cant get working right now is the touchpad. I contacted support and they want nothing to do with me, they say they cant help me unless I downgrade from 7 to 10. I tried the help here but nothing working yet.

One random tip I can give is dont just do windows udate and pick all the updates it wants to install. If you do this it will install an update that reads your hardware, learns you are using hardware that came out after win 10, and stop you from using windows update for drivers or anything like that. Make sure you only do security updates, or do a few of them, make restore, then do some more so you dont accidentally brick it.