cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Asus ever acknowledge the heating issues on the Strix SCAR III line?

craig_cabbage
Level 8
G15 and G17 models without the 4 exhaust port 2080S model are having major heating issues. I saw in another thread an individual was able to get an RMA on their model, and it worked well for a couple weeks, but then went back to the normal temps for this laptop above 90C.

Countless others post about this issue. I'm not going to catalogue it here, I'm just curious to know if y'all think Asus will ever say, "Ok yeah we messed up, we better just ask for them back and fix them for the goodwill of our customer base," or if you think they'll just cherry pick people who open enough tickets about it.
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
I wouldn't expect that based on temps alone, no. Current gen CPUs are designed to be able to run hot and throttle themselves as necessary to protect themselves. You won't see a recall unless your machines are actually performing badly.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

These CPUs run very hot and believe it or not, Asus has one of the best solutions for dissipating heat. Just check other brands and you'd like to stick with Asus for sure. With a little bit of tweaking (undervolting) and applying proper TIM (paste), as the one that is factory applied sucks, these laptops outperform most of their competitors by far.