cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which kind of CL is supporting in GL731GW

voxron
Level 7
Hello everyone!

Could you tell me please, what kind of operating memory can will be using in the GL731GW?
I mean CL parameter.
5,885 Views
8 REPLIES 8

Clintlgm
Level 14
You would use Hwinfo64 that will show you what your current RAM is running.

82909
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
You would use Hwinfo64 that will show you what your current RAM is running.

82909

Thanks! I know what the current used CL, this is 19. But, what kind another I can use. Let's say CL16. Will it work properly...

Voxron,
So what you are looking for is other GL731GW users experience with memory used? If so, then don't you think it would be best if you ask for that information on the GL Series Gaming Notebooks forum and not the G Series Gaming Notebooks forum?

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Voxron,
So what you are looking for is other GL731GW users experience with memory used? If so, then don't you think it would be best if you ask for that information on the GL Series Gaming Notebooks forum and not the G Series Gaming Notebooks forum?

Good Luck


Ok. I haven't paid attention which one of forum part. Anyway, G731 and GL731 has same platform, so that doesn't matter which one G or GL.

voxron wrote:
Ok. I haven't paid attention which one of forum part. Anyway, G731 and GL731 has same platform, so that doesn't matter which one G or GL.

@cl-albert

No they don't have the same platform at all the GL are different and Cheaper quality to the G series. Your user manual should have a section that reports all the different RAM Tested on your model notebook.

The moderators will move this to the GL forum soon for you, You may get some users of the GL series that are running different RAM setups there.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
@cl-albert

No they don't have the same platform at all the GL are different and Cheaper quality to the G series. Your user manual should have a section that reports all the different RAM Tested on your model notebook.

The moderators will move this to the GL forum soon for you, You may get some users of the GL series that are running different RAM setups there.


Hmmm...do you have exact information what is difference? I know that G series has alum body, keystone, advanced aura configuration. But, there are same: screen (I mean 144), cpu, gpu. You can see in here https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GL731GW/HelpDesk_BIOS/
Example, that the system platform is same. GL has same BIOS driver as G.

voxron wrote:
Hmmm...do you have exact information what is difference? I know that G series has alum body, keystone, advanced aura configuration. But, there are same: screen (I mean 144), cpu, gpu. You can see in here https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GL731GW/HelpDesk_BIOS/
Example, that the system platform is same. GL has same BIOS driver as G.


Well I actually have no idea, but look at it this way we do have a separate forum for GL As will as different forum for GX,GM and GU. There very good reasons for this. If you need help your best chance of to post in the forum for your notebook.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
@cl-albert

No they don't have the same platform at all the GL are different and Cheaper quality to the G series. Your user manual should have a section that reports all the different RAM Tested on your model notebook.

The moderators will move this to the GL forum soon for you, You may get some users of the GL series that are running different RAM setups there.


Thanks!