cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which GL552VW Bluetooth drivers should I use?

Intrekid
Level 7
Hi, I own a GL552VW and made recently a complete reinstall of system. I have a question about bluetooth drivers listed on ASUS support driver downloads page. The available drivers are:

• Intel BlueTooth driver Version V18.1.1539.2349
  • Realtek BlueTooth driver Version V1.3.871.072015
  • Broadcom BlueTooth driver Version V12.0.1.650
  • Qualcomm Atheros BlueTooth driver Version V10.0.1.1

Why there are 4 different bluetooth manufacturers? Does my system need all of these installed, or do i need to pick myself the bluetooth manufacturer that my particular GL552VW was shipped with?
4 REPLIES 4

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Welcome to the forums!

The wireless and bluetooth hardware should be on the same card these days, so if you know which wireless adapter manufacturer you are using, you would just use the same bluetooth manufacturer's driver.

ASUS doesn't use the same wireless/bluetooth manufacturer 'combo' card for every single GL552VW model, so you need to pick the right one for your unit.
If you pick the wrong driver, it probably will just give you an error when you try to install it.

Also, it may be a little too late now if you didn't back up the original factory image, but if anybody else is going to do the same thing, there is normally a copy of the driver disk along with the auto-installer under your C:\eSupport folder , so you may want to make a copy of this at least (if not the entire factory image) before erasing the hard drive, but they would be older driver versions, so you can still download and install the latest drivers from the ASUS website if you prefer.

Sometimes there may also be licensed programs/trial versions/bloatware included in the C:\eSupport folder or factory image not available for download if it matters.

Well, hope this helps some.

I THINK U NEED TO INSTALL "Intel BlueTooth driver" BUT DOWNLOAD IT FROM INTEL WEBSITE

Asus website drivers are old and some drivers like "bluetooth driver "are not working

I use intel, but stock driver rise error, so i update it.
You can download this intel driver utility http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html
and update you current driver.