GUIDE ON SAFE GPU TEMPERATURES

Go here.
3 REPLIES 3

toronto699
Level 13
Dreamonic thanks for survey great idea

Clintlgm
Level 14
Great Idea Dreamonic, put all the question and answers in one place where we all can evaluate what is going on with the temps in these models
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

dbodyguru
Level 9
I have the VY

This runs very cool.

CPU runs at about 42-47 on idle
GPU runs about 45-50 on idle

Playing a game (Dragon Age Inquisition on ultra settings)
CPU runs at 73-75
GPU runs at about 60-64

Here are screen shots of the temps. First is system on ide (chrome browser open with a few tabs), second is after loading up dragon age inquisition (all settings on ultra) for a few minutes. Third is after playing dragon age inquisition for about an hour.

My conclusion: this system runs super cool. The GPU almost never gets above 67 degrees, even when playing a game on max settings. Now I haven't tried crushing it with something like metro last light redux on max settings, but my observations are that the fans are off most of the time or very very qiet (it's rare to actually hear them) and the system is never ever hot to the touch.

That 3D vapor cooling feature on the 980 models works wonderful -- I hear it is suppose to drop the GPU temps by about 6-10 degrees C and based on what I see, it does. The CPU is always about 5-10 C warmer than then GPU when playing games.