cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ubuntu in Asus G75VW

siddique305
Level 7
Is It Possible To Run Ubuntu In Asus G75VW? Will The Drivers Work With The Software?
5 REPLIES 5

boofsterb
Level 10
siddique305 wrote:
Is It Possible To Run Ubuntu In Asus G75VW? Will The Drivers Work With The Software?

Good question. I haven't tried it yet but I do have Ubuntu on my eeepc 1005HAB and it runs beautifully.
The earlier versions of Ubuntu use to be a pain with drivers and such but through the years there has been
tremendous support for the OS. I know you'll probably hear a lot of negativity against Ubuntu because they have
amazon link installed, but just like all Linux distros it is very simple to remove. Since I am an amazon shopper
I prefer to use it.

boofsterb wrote:
Good question. I haven't tried it yet but I do have Ubuntu on my eeepc 1005HAB and it runs beautifully.
The earlier versions of Ubuntu use to be a pain with drivers and such but through the years there has been
tremendous support for the OS. I know you'll probably hear a lot of negativity against Ubuntu because they have
amazon link installed, but just like all Linux distros it is very simple to remove. Since I am an amazon shopper
I prefer to use it.

Thanks For The Reply. What About Adobe Premier Pro? And Games Like TF2, Battlefield 3. And The Function Buttons Of The G75? Will These Features All Work?

siddique305 wrote:
Thanks For The Reply. What About Adobe Premier Pro? And Games Like TF2, Battlefield 3. And The Function Buttons Of The G75? Will These Features All Work?

As far as the BF3 I don't think will work in Ubuntu environment. Most PC games (if not all) are designed around windows.
I think the function buttons will work but I would go to the asus support sight and select Linux OS to see what they offer

boofsterb wrote:
As far as the BF3 I don't think will work in Ubuntu environment. Most PC games (if not all) are designed around windows.
I think the function buttons will work but I would go to the asus support sight and select Linux OS to see what they offer

Thanks Alot Bro! Downloading Ubuntu!

siddique305 wrote:
Thanks Alot Bro! Downloading Ubuntu!

You can't go wrong with the Wubi Linux download tool