cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo mode crash in games

Hector16
Level 7

A33EB138-2EC4-4D11-BF8C-A10E609581E9.jpeg

Hi I have a scar strix and 9500 with a Nvidia 3080 with windows 11. I don’t know much about computers. I normally use the laptop for my school but I wanted to play games like warzone and fifa. But the computer gets hot and I swich to turbo mode but when I do that the computer crash and it take me out of the game. I already update the drivers and the grafic drivers . Put it next to a good ventilation. But it keeps doing it. It’s just annoying. If anyone could help would appreciate lt. I add a picture of the numbers that I get, as I said I don’t know too much about computers.thanks 

1 REPLY 1

Odysseyalien
Level 7

Hi Hector16 -

I have the same issue. My specs:

Windows 11 Home
Asus Strix Z790 motherboard
MSI GE Force 3080 ti 12 gig Ventus 3x OC (card comes with the OC default setting)
(Presently with the current 531.79 release Nvidia drivers.)
Corsair H1000i Power Supply
GSkill DDR5-6400 32 gig memory (16x2)
i9 13900K processor
Samsung SSD 980 Pro 1TB M.2 hard drive (operating system)
Samsung SSD 980 Pro 2TB M.2 hard drive (game storage)
Soundblaster G5 External audio card
Corsair 780T Full Tower case

Primarily playing the Resident Evil 4 remake and sometimes Spider Man Remastered. The latter is notorious for kicking me out of Windows randomly when I have Turbo Boost enabled. When I disable it in the bios, I have no problem with either game. I converted to an AIO to water cool my processor with the NZXT Kraken Z63 late last week. It performs like a charm but doesn't resolve the problem. I thought the issue might have been my power supply but at this point, I do not think so.

I don't have a solution at this time other than turning off Turbo Boost. Hopefully someone else will chime in here regarding this issue.