cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermal paste

MrGokkaya
Level 7

Hey guys, please help!
I had no problem except for the noise coming from the fans. So I thought maybe I should clean them. And I did so. 

After cleaning the fans I decided to replace the thermal paste also. But there was the main problem. There was Liquid Metal on my cpu not gpu. I cleaned the cpu and applied thermal paste on the cpu not Liquid Metal . Also I applied some thermal paste on the gpu and other parts.

after starting windows, I decided to give it a try on a game. After some time, there was a sudden fps drop for like 10-15 seconds. 
I looked at the stats of my cpu and gpu while playing. In the game, normally my cpu is like 4000 mhz and %20-30 usage ; and gpu is like 600-900 boost and %100 usage. After playing 5 minutes, I noticed that my cpu lowers its mhz to 700-1000mhz and usage to %5-7 levels. So my gpu is also lowers itself to %20 levels. That is the time when the fps drop happens.

Should I apply a Liquid Metal on my cpu? What do you recommend me ?

6 REPLIES 6

eXplode
Level 12

And why you think is good idea to replace the liquid metal whit thermal paste .... Check your temperatures in games i am sure you laptop overheating and that make a problem 

Also repaste it again but use a liquid metal for the CPU and buy high quality thermal paste for the GPU and change the thermal paste of the GPU memory chips

https://youtu.be/JE0ySg-rQH4

In one of the videos on YouTube, someone replaces like me. Cleaning the Liquid Metal and applying thermal paste on the cpu.

I will do as you said. Buy Liquid Metal and apply on the cpu. Also I will replace the gpu thermal paste. 
I hope it will work.

I think the thermal grizzly liquid metal was very good buy the best on the market just watch some youybe videos and comparison between liquid metal 

Also for thermal paste arctic was very good just watch again for best model thermal paste

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

I've recently tried Kryonaut Extreme on the 4090 TUF (watercooled) and have been very impressed. Liquid metal has its advantages, but I feel unless you're delidding it's not worth it.

@500w hot spot doesn't exceed 70c.

Silent_Scone_1-1716665511576.png

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Razer68
Level 10

I use Thermal Grizzly Carbonaut Thermal Pad on cpu and gpu I use water cooling and am very satisfied you never have to change these on cpu and gpu.

Every gamer has suffered from small-screen videos

Nirexis
Level 10
  • Liquid metal is a type of thermal compound that uses a liquid metal alloy to transfer heat from a CPU or GPU to a heatsink.
  • Thermal conductivity is a measure of a material's ability to transfer heat. Liquid metal has a thermal conductivity of about 73 W/mK, while thermal paste has a thermal conductivity of about 5-12 W/mK. This means that liquid metal can transfer heat much more effectively than thermal paste.
  • Laptops are often susceptible to overheating because they have limited space for cooling components. This can lead to performance throttling and even damage to the hardware.
  • Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut extreme is a popular brand of liquid metal that is known for its high performance and ease of use.
  • It is important to be very careful when applying liquid metal because it is electrically conductive. If it comes into contact with any other electrical components, it can cause a short circuit and damage the hardware.
  • It is best to watch videos on how to apply liquid metal before you attempt to do it yourself. This will help you to avoid making any mistakes that could damage your laptop.

Here are some additional tips for using liquid metal:

• Apply a very small amount of liquid metal. A pea-sized amount is usually enough.
  • Use a non-conductive applicator, such as a plastic spatula, to spread the liquid metal evenly.
  • Make sure that the liquid metal does not come into contact with any other electrical components.