cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The problem with turning on the laptop GL702VMK

Creater
Level 7
Sometimes, after completing work in Windows 10, and the downtime of the laptop without power for more than 5 minutes, a power-on problem occurs. The power button does not work, nothing turns on, holding the button for 20 seconds does not help, but after an hour later the laptop can turn on by itself, but the adapter must be connected. Or you can remove the cover and turn off the battery and the BIOS battery for 5 minutes, turn it on again - then the laptop will turn on without problems. Also, it is not always possible to turn it off, the laptop immediately turns on itself, although the wake-up timers are disabled. The battery is in good condition, the BIOS battery as well. The system is stable and ready to pass any tests. I turned off Windows 10 wake-up timers, quick start and turned off wake-up using the mouse and keyboard. It partially helped. Now this problem does not occur often. But still remained. And if the laptop doesn’t want to turn on again, I have to wait a couple of hours until it starts up itself or open the back cover and disconnect the batteries for 5min
6 REPLIES 6

Creater
Level 7
Look like this is POST problem. Help ! Today it is repeated again. 5 minutes after pressing the button and connecting the adapter, the laptop did not turn on. Windows event log did not register problems; wake-up timers are all disabled.

Problem: A very long time turning on the laptop and only with the included power adapter.
What causes the problem: Windows 10 shuts down and disconnects from the power adapter for 2 minutes or more.
When the problem appeared: After reinstalling Windows 10 and installing drivers from the Asus official website.
Known laptop failures: the laptop passed all the tests, the system is stable and the battery is good.
What helps turn on the laptop without waiting for a long time: disconnect the battery for 3 minutes.
What I tried to do: - flash BIOS; - reinstall Windows 10; - disable wake-up timers, sleep modes in Windows 10 (this partially helped, the problem occurs less often); I looked at the journal of events, found no problems in it.

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
How many hours of battery life are you squeezing out of it?

about 2-3 hours

I noticed that the laptop launches itself, both with a connected power adapter, and from the battery. Moreover, it starts itself in 2-15 minutes after turning off the power, if the lid is not closed. In BIOS, the option associated with the lid is disabled. Wake-up timers are all disabled, the wake-up log writes that the number 0, the mouse and the keyboard are not allowed to wake the laptop. Perhaps he also launches himself with the lid closed.

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
Doesn't seem like a software issue.