cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix scar III G531 RGB zones

Dermos
Level 7
Hello ROG,

I've recently purchased Strix scar III G531GU-AL060T and I've been trying to set per key RGB lightning via aura creator.
It seems that I'm able to change only the whole keyboard but not the separate part of it. I've read in the item description that this model supports 4 zone RGB keyboard and also per key RGB but aura creator doesn't allow me to choose any specific part of keyboard.

I've also tried the Aura Core software but that doesn't make these effects as well.

So my question is, does anybody know if this models supports RGB 4 or 6 zone or per key RGB buttons?
or I'm I doing something wrong?

thanks a lot
Robin
9 REPLIES 9

jkocz
Level 8
I just purchased a G531GL-WB53 and I'm having the same issue. I can only set lighting for the entire keyboard. I tried the Aura Core software as well, and there is no zone functionality in my application. I'm wondering if they removed zone functionality on this model.

I have the same problem, I never found an answer to it, I am starting to think that 4 zones are keyboard and 3 RGB leds under the laptop..

While I don't have the same model you have, I do have the Hero III G731GW-XB74. I think the only real difference between them is the finish, and the options in it. That said, I have found that you CAN control per key RGB, and the 4 zones of the wrap-around lights, and the Asus logo separately using the Aura Creator software.

What you have to do is drag your mouse over all the keys you want (or single click on the ones you want). Let's say just the keyboard. Then, click "Set as layer". set up the colors or effects you want for those keys... Then click one or all of the 4 zones for the wrap-around lights, or the Asus logo on the back, or any keys you didn't pick previously and do the same thing. Keep adding layers to make those settings isolated from all the other layers. You can even set certain zones to not be on at all.

I personally would like to see more options in the software. Like being able to set up a custom lighting (for gaming) automatically when a game is triggered (started), but overall it is pretty cool. It still has a long way to go to catch up to something more mature like the Logitech gaming software (or G-Hub for newer devices).

Anyhow, I hope this helps, and is what you were looking for.

Edit: BTW, this is using the Aura Creator software.

I am totally frustrated by this. Really, I am soo livid right now, I could rip someone's head off.

After searching the net up and down I finally find this thread with at least a partial explanation on how the "oh so wonderful per-key RBG" are actually being applied on my ROG Strix Scar III G731GW (basically the same model as samandhi but with a different finish). Thanks samnadhi1234.

However, even though I now can apply the layers to the different areas (rim, sign, keyboard), I can't actually assign a color or effect to those layers. I can only add an trigger effect to the different layers, nothing else. My G731GW shows up as available device, and I of course chose it (as I said, I can actually make the layers)

The only thing I really want to do is:
1) make one settting for everyday work with only the keyboard static lit, but withouth the embarassing cheesy color stripes and signs
2) make one setting for playing rpg games with the most important keys color coded.

What point is there in having a per-key rbg keyboard if you can't actually set it? Or do I have to make an engineering degree to set this thing up or does anybody from ASUS actually care enough to provide some sort of instruction?

I have tried to work this out---as well as another issue. Does anyone else have a problem with not all the symbols being lit? I cannot get the function keys to light at all and the upper symbols on keys are dim.

I have a ROG Strix Hero III G731GW-XB74. I searched high and low for it BECAUSE it has the chiclet per key...and now it doesn't work. I put in a request for assistance and the reply was to update the bios... and other generic stuff.

Any hope?

XanaduQ

samandhi1234 wrote:
While I don't have the same model you have, I do have the Hero III G731GW-XB74. I think the only real difference between them is the finish, and the options in it. That said, I have found that you CAN control per key RGB, and the 4 zones of the wrap-around lights, and the Asus logo separately using the Aura Creator software.

What you have to do is drag your mouse over all the keys you want (or single click on the ones you want). Let's say just the keyboard. Then, click "Set as layer". set up the colors or effects you want for those keys... Then click one or all of the 4 zones for the wrap-around lights, or the Asus logo on the back, or any keys you didn't pick previously and do the same thing. Keep adding layers to make those settings isolated from all the other layers. You can even set certain zones to not be on at all.

I personally would like to see more options in the software. Like being able to set up a custom lighting (for gaming) automatically when a game is triggered (started), but overall it is pretty cool. It still has a long way to go to catch up to something more mature like the Logitech gaming software (or G-Hub for newer devices).

Anyhow, I hope this helps, and is what you were looking for.

Edit: BTW, this is using the Aura Creator software.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello XanaduQ,
May I have a picture of the issue?
Thank you.

Sorry I didn't get notification of a reply to my post. Hopefully, the pic uploaded properly. Also, note a the lighting showed some of the upper symbols, but they aren't that visible.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Hello XanaduQ,
May I have a picture of the issue?
Thank you.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello XanaduQ,
Please kindly send your device to service center to check for the hardware.
Thank you.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Hello XanaduQ,
Please kindly send your device to service center to check for the hardware.
Thank you.

I am working on preparing to send the laptops (G731GV-DB74 and G731GW) in to service center. I'm having a difficulty registering the GV and I am concerned about the upgrades that have been made to it. The GW doesn't have any.

Interesting that both laptops, purchased from different places, have the same issue. Have you seen this before? Do you know what the problem is by any chance? I will send them in, but I was curious to know.