cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Strix Scar II] - Cooling Pad Causes FPS Drop Terribly

cumeo
Level 7
Hi guys, I've found out an awkward situation that whenever I place the laptop over the cooling pad (mine is cooler master), it immediately drops my fps from 8x to 2x randomly and resulting it laggy.

At first, I was though it was the hardware or software issue and I tried to do so many things like clean install windows, re update the BIOS (mine is 304) and finally it turned out that because of the cooling pad I've purchased weeks ago.

Has any of you encountered this?

[UPDATE] - I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE Came to the ASUS Service yesterday and they said that I am not the only one.
14 REPLIES 14

Guys please check my workaround on fixing this issue: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?106660-GL504GS-GM-useful-thread-Troubleshooting-amp-Guide&...

I've totally fixed this problem with a very simple thing.

Hi, i have the same problem, any solutions?

rickiu wrote:
Hi, i have the same problem, any solutions?

The issue has been solved due to BIOS updates

hexaae
Level 12
There are some thin and sensitive fans spinning internaly, as we all know, and you have to consider that wrong slope could affect rotation and fans wear: these laptops are engineered to stay parallel to the soil. Some technicians discourage customers from using pads with inclined planes all the time for this reason.
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

hexaae wrote:
There are some thin and sensitive fans spinning internaly, as we all know, and you have to consider that wrong slope could affect rotation and fans wear: these laptops are engineered to stay parallel to the soil. Some technicians discourage customers from using pads with inclined planes all the time for this reason.

Oh, I didn't know this, I ever keep it a bit tilted... I'll do some in-game tests!