Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix hero gl503ge fan GPU problem

Yomaki
Level 7
Hello,

I'm a new user of ASUS ROG GL503GE

i had a problem with my GPU Fan Speed, it shows 5000 rpm when idle (really noisy)
i've tried to install GPU Tweak II but i can't control my fan speed that program doesn't show fan speed control
also i tried to install MSI Afterburner but fan speed % control is in locked mode

23 REPLIES 23

McCoy
Level 8
Cooling system doesn't differentiate CPU|GPU vents control.

Please use ROG Gaming Center.

McCoy wrote:
Cooling system doesn't differentiate CPU|GPU vents control.

Please use ROG Gaming Center.

how to use ROG Gaming Center ? i know there is an option about fan overboost but whether i set it to silent, the GPU fan is not slowing down.

Well, in my case i had a slider (25-100%) in RoG Gaming Center. Please write ASUS technical support directly in online chat on their web-site.

I have a ROG GL503GE strix. Im encountering the same problems. GPU fan constantly revs up and down and sometimes gets stuck at 100% speed even during idle. I can no longer control the fan speed using gaming center. Have you found a fix for this?

mariozamoramd wrote:
I have a ROG GL503GE strix. Im encountering the same problems. GPU fan constantly revs up and down and sometimes gets stuck at 100% speed even during idle. I can no longer control the fan speed using gaming center. Have you found a fix for this?

Open the laptop back cover, then carefully unplug the fan connectors, then plug them back in. That's probably a bad connection with the rpm "sensor" wire. If the main board loses its signal, the fan goes full speed.

I have the same issue.. please if you fixed it let me know HOW!

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
Open the laptop back cover, then carefully unplug the fan connectors, then plug them back in. That's probably a bad connection with the rpm "sensor" wire. If the main board loses its signal, the fan goes full speed.

Was this effective? any updates on this?

I have had the same problem a few weeks ago. Try updatimg your BIOS, or flash it with asus EZ flash. That was the only thing that worked for me. I cleaned the fan, reset windows, unistalled stuff, etc. Flashing the BIOS was the only solution.

warmbooter
Level 7
What version of the BIOS are you using now? I'm having this damn problem, tried with BIOS 312, 313 and 314.