cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix GL503 - 4 LED indicator lights not working

Black_Hawk
Level 7
Hello everyone,

First off apologies if I missed a relevant thread during my forum search. I got the above mentioned laptop, it works like a charm, but the LED indicator lights (power, WiFi, HDD, airplane mode) do not light up from day one. Has any of you encountered a similar issue, and if you ventured into dismantling the laptop, is the LED strip connected with a detachable cable or is it soldered? From what I see, it is below the exhaust fins, I removed the bottom cover of the laptop, but I'd like to avoid dismantling the whole thing only to find it wire-soldered and in need to send it to a certified service center for a replacement after all.

Kind regards
2 REPLIES 2

Black_Hawk
Level 7
If anyone finds this useful, I went to a certified repair center, they first thought a cable was not plugged in, in the end it turned out it was a faulty LED strip, got it replaced, it works like a charm now 🙂

Had the same problem with my new GL503VM but decided to check it for myself when i opened it for a repaste. Found the ribbon for the lights was not connected. Worth a check before paying for replacement parts.