cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix g17 Mouse stuttering on desktop

dean48
Level 7
Hello everyone,

on the asus rog strix g17 I am having a weird issue that causes the mouse/trackpad to stutter badly on the desktop, the problem occurs if I open up programs with a demanding user interface such as obs or the armoury crate software. I was able to stop the issue from occuring by setting armoury crate gpu to eco mode to bypass the nvidia gpu. But whats odd is that If I enable the mux switch the issue still occurs but in reverse with the fix being disabling the integrated gpu in device manager.

Here is a video of the stuttering that occurs, the first part of the video shows the stutter when dragging windows and moving the mouse, the second part shows the stutter resolve after enabling eco mode to disable the nvidia gpu, this occurs with both usb mouse and trackpad.

Has anyone experienced an issue similar to this?
2 REPLIES 2

Cojokek
Level 8
dean48 wrote:
Hello everyone,

on the asus rog strix g17 I am having a weird issue that causes the mouse/trackpad to stutter badly on the desktop, the problem occurs if I open up programs with a demanding user interface such as obs or the armoury crate software. I was able to stop the issue from occuring by setting armoury crate gpu to eco mode to bypass the nvidia gpu. But whats odd is that If I enable the mux switch the issue still occurs but in reverse with the fix being disabling the integrated gpu in device manager.

Here is a video of the stuttering that occurs, the first part of the video shows the stutter when dragging windows and moving the mouse, the second part shows the stutter resolve after enabling eco mode to disable the nvidia gpu, this occurs with both usb mouse and trackpad.

Install LatencyMon and check with it.
This is probably caused by the storport.sys high latency.
I already wrote this to ASUS, and they don't seem to care. In the meantime, I installed Windows 10, and everything seems fine on W 10.

flaminguo
Level 7
dean48 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Got same issue.. did you manage to found a fix?